“Not So Good As Previously!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Gatwick Manor
Ranked #56 of 261 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Not So Good As Previously!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We called here for lunch last week with two friends. The ambience is relaxed & we have enjoyed it here before. However, this time it was not so good! Firstly, when you arrive expecting to be greeted & seated, we were ignored! I finally asked a waitress what we should do, and she told me there is no waitress service at lunch times! She pointed out our reserved table and didn't bother with us again! So, in typical pub fashion, you note your table number and then order at the Bar. Fair enough. The food was nice. My friend & I had chicken & mushroom pie. However, my wife didn't enjoy her fish & chips, and I mentioned this to the barman. He immediately arranged to refund the cost of this which I was impressed by. I guess it may be better in the evening, but definitely "mediocre" for atmosphere & cheerfulness at lunchtime!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SteveG G

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely meal. Far above the usual expections of a chain restaurant. Lovely food and exceptional service.

1 Thank KatrinePaignton
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Food was excellent. Plenty of choice and a good price. Service good. Had to wait as it was busy but it was worth the wait

Visited January 2014
“Wouldn't recommend it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very unorganised. The food wasn't warm. Also looked very cheap for what we paid. The table was dirty. People at the till didn't even know how to charge the food. I wouldn't go there again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SGWoodhams
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Gatwick Manor, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear SGWoodhams

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Gatwick Manor in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Excellent service with friendly staff and good quality food. Have used many times and never been disappointed.

Visited March 2014