“OVERNIGHT BEFORE EARLY FLIGHT”

Sofitel London Gatwick
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Millthorpe, Australia
“OVERNIGHT BEFORE EARLY FLIGHT”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We turned up without a booking. No problem getting a room. What a lovely surprise! Had a lovely room overlooking the airport. The bed was amazing, like sleeping on a cloud. We had dinner in the Chinese restaurant. A bit expensive but delicious. So convenient to walk across the walking directly into the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel. Guest feedback enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards and make changes wherever possible.

I am delighted that you found our hospitality and accommodation to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding the service you received.

We look forward to you returning to the hotel and our Guest Relations Team can be contacted on H6204-GR@sofitel.com ahead of any future stay to assist with any specific requirements.

Graham Hawksworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,320)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been using this hotel for many years as an overnight stop before a morning flight.

The hotel is conveniently connected to the north terminal, and next door to the monorail to the south terminal.

The rooms are well equipped, comfortable and many have spectacular views across the airport. The whole hotel has an air of opulence and a feel good factor that for us means, arriving at the Sofitel marks the real start of our holiday.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your most recent stay at our hotel.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and you were able to enjoy our dinning facilities. I will of course pass your comments onto our team members as this will serve as an encouragement for them to keep up the hard work.

If you have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

guernsey channel islands
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was very surprised that all the staff on the front desk were not English - I was referred to as Madame - I am not in France - my paperwork said Madame too. The man was very helpful but both I and my travelling companion struggled to understand him - I work in other countries all the time. No help with bags to the room which is a shame. Room was clean if not a little tired looking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was very disappointed to hear about your experience at check-in. Your comments have been passed to our Front of House Manager, who will be addressing this matter with our ambassadors.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you, please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com if you have any specific requirements or requests prior to your next stay.

Wembley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stay here every march before my annual trip to mexico and over the last 5 years it has been consistently excellent, the room is always spotless and very comfy, the staff are friendly and efficient , my night before my flight has now become part of my holiday-I check in at the Sofitel then I check my bags at the 'day before check in' and that's it my holiday has started :)
I do find the food at the sofitel very expensive so either buy a 'picnic' at the marks and spencer which is nearby in the north terminal or last year as I was flying from the south terminal when I popped over to the south terminal to check my bags in ( very quick and easy by monorail) I had stopped at the 'giraffe' restaurant and had a meal there ( highly recommended) .
In the morning I have a leisurely breakfast in the hotel before the short stroll to departures, it all makes my holiday start relaxing and stress free, I can not think of a better way to start a long haul journey.
Yes there are cheaper hotels in the vicinity but none of them start your holiday off in the cossetted and relaxed way that the Sofitel does-in my opinion it is worth every penny.
Just booked for March 2014 and cant wait to be back !

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the atrium have lovely views but if you are claustrophobic ( like me) ask for...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you had a comfortable nights stay before your early morning flight.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon and if you have any special requests or queries then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to help.

London
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The tunnel to the North terminal is a real bonus, and the team handling the car parking were helpful and on the ball. Rooms are 4+ star with all the usual amenities and clean. Informal eaterie was comfortable and pleasant, though quite pricey for the quality - but that is airport living for you. Gym quite small but proper machines.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

We are delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Overall a very good experience and good value for money as we went through BA. Decided to book a room to avoid driving to the airport the night of the big storm and were very glad we did. A helpful doorman / concierge allowed us to park outside whilst we waited for the valet parking service to collect it. Reception staff were friendly. We booked a triple room which was fine although our son's bed was a temporary bed so quite small. The main bed was very comfortable and the room quiet despite a lot of people arriving who had had the same idea as us. Bathroom adequate with a decent shower. No water in the fridge. Breakfast prices outrageous so went across to the terminal which is literally a couple of minutes walk. Staying here made the whole travel experience much less stressful and we would certainly stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PMurray

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to relax before your early morning flight. I do apologise if you were not satisfied with the prices that we charge for breakfast.

If you happen to have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

UK
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Nice room and quiet. The Chinese restaurant is absolutely excellent. The check in staff failed to let my mother in law know we had checked in one hour before and she sat at the bar waiting for us to turn up when we already had! There was just something missing from the normal Sofitels. I know it is an airport hotel but I want more from a Sofitel just don't know what sorry

Stayed November 2013
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
We thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel.

I was pleased that you found our accommodation to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your meal in our Gatwick Oriental restaurant, however I am sorry that other aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sofitel London Gatwick and our Guest Relations Team can be contacted on H6204-GR@sofitel.com to assist with any specific requirements.