This is the first time we used park & fly at Sofitel hotel. We usually park the car and use transport to north terminal. As our flight was on a Monday we drove down on the Sunday and stayed at the hotel. We did make a wrong turning on arriving at Gatwick but the doorman at the hotel soon put us right.
Parking was easy enough along with dropping off car keys and checking into the hotel.
The hotel room was on floor 5 and we had a view of the runway. The room was very clean and more than adequate for an overnight stay. The temperature of the room was spot on and we found the t.v straightforward to operate. The only negative thing was the amount of milk left for us with the complimentary tea and coffee. We had two cartons each but this was soon sorted as the young lady was cleaning the room opposite and gave us some more.
We didn't have an evening meal at Sofitel as we had already had a full English before we left so we just walked over to m & s and bought sandwiches and nibbles. With hindsight I could have bought a pint of milk while there but it wasn't until we got back to our room that I remembered about it.
My husband and I both found the mattress too soft but sleep wasn't a problem as he had an awful cold and I don't sleep we'll anyway. The pillows were soft too. We did go down to the bar and had a couple of drinks. The prices did seem a little pricey but staff were very polite and we had complementary nibbles too. At around 12.15 midnight the aeroplane noise just suddenly stopped as tho someone had flicked a switch.
The next morning we had breakfast which we booked when we checked in. There was all you could need for breakfast. Continental, full English, all sorts of cereals, various juices to drink and tea and coffee. It was all well presented and cooked food was nice and hot. It was self service too.
We checked out of our room at 12p.m and can honestly say we will use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An established, four-star luxury hotel uniquely located within Gatwick Airport, Sofitel London Gatwick boasts world-class services and amenities, which include various dining options and extensive meeting and event facilities. The hotel offers eight-day or fifteen-day Park & Fly packages available at the airport the day before check in. The hotel is 30 minutes by Gatwick Express from central London and all its attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Sofitel Hotel London Gatwick
- Sofitel Hotel Crawley
- Sofitel Crawley
- Crawley Sofitel
- Gatwick London Sofitel
- Gatwick Hotel Sofitel
- Sofitel London Gatwick Crawley, West Sussex