“Functional Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Functional Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Sofitel in Gatwick as I had an early flight the next day. I think the Sofitel Brand is always very reliable and they have some wonderful hotels throughout the world, but this one lets itself down slightly though that may be because of the nature of the hotel as a transport hub rather than somewhere you would stay to see the sights.

There was nothing particularly bad about it, its just it lacks the finesse of the rest of their brand. The little things got to me : no Sofitel myBed ( a lovely custom bed setup specific to Sofitel), no Welcome Drink as an Accor Member, the Prestige suite was more two small rooms shoved together rather than a suite befitting its name.

The club lounge however was great, well stocked and helpful staff. Just wish the attention to detail was radiated throughout the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NapoleonSnow
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay were not to your satisfaction. I do apologise if you were not satisfied with the standard of your Prestige Suite. All of our Prestige Suites are made up of a bedroom, with a connecting lounge and all of our rooms containing the Sofitel MyBed.

I have also passed your comments onto our Front of House Manager in regards to your Le Club status and have asked for the necessary retraining of our ambassadors to be implemented. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you happen to have any special requests of queries regarding a future stay in our hotel then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future and I hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

Graham Hawksworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,242)
Toulon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is an airport hotel so by it's very nature, it can be a soul-less, transient sort of place. But not the Sofitel Gatwick - I always find it warm, the staff nice, pleasant and helpful.

The Club Level rooms are I suppose a little tight on size if you're used to North American sizes, but they are well furnished, completely quiet as you work spotting planes climbing away. The lounge also on the 8th floor is great - canapes at night, light breakfast in the morning and a few drinks with smiling staff who I find always engage.

Technically, I suppose, with my Platinum Loyalty card an upgrade is possible if available, but I enjoy the club rooms so much, prefer to make sure in this property I land myself one!

Food is also pretty good for a chain hotel, at the normal Sofitel price-points (so a rather elevated!) but still well-cooked and I am told the DBB option is super value for money.

Will always stay here when transiting in and out of LGW - and nice to see my platinum Accor card gets a nod at check-in - in France, they are obviously so common, it means nothing;) !

Looking forward to my next stay at one of the best airport hotels in a few weeks. Thanks as always to the great team.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a club room on the airport side. Silent - and lots of action on the tarmac!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank IanCar

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were satisfied with the service and facilities we offer on our Luxury floor.

If you happen to have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Room was everything we would expect from a 4star hotel, service standards at the bar were poor and completing paperwork for car parking was archaic! If you have all of my details why do you have to take them again? This hotel has everything going for it but somehow does not achieve its potential to delight

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 5 February 2014

I was disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay and I have passed your comments onto the relevant department managers to ensure retraining is implemented to prevent similar occurrences from happening again.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you from staying with us again and we hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick, very soon.

County Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before our holiday flight to Cancun. As always staff were friendly and efficient and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Food was good. Being able to walk into the airport terminal is such a bonus and transferring to the South terminal was quick and easy.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
We thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel. Guest feedback enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards and make changes wherever possible.

I am glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with our location and facilities.

We look forward to you returning to the hotel and our Guest Relations Team can be contacted on H6204-GR@sofitel.com ahead of any future stay to assist with any specific requirements.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Sofitel at Gatwick. This was not the first time. I have stayed at the Sofitel at Gatwick and Heathrow numerous times. Every time is the same experience. The staff are very polite. helpful and friendly. A standard room is well appointed and is great value for just over £100 pounds. I travel about four times a year and will continue to use this hotel chain as my preferred hotel when flying.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to have a good nights rest before catching your early morning flight.

If you happen to have any questions or special requests prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and we will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.