“Issue with car park lifts!”

Sofitel London Gatwick
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a park and fly package. Found the hotel very easy with directions.But what a disappointment to find the car park lift out of action. My husband (who was celebrating his 60th birthday) had to struggle with luggage and I had to carry overnight bags from the second floor.When arriving at the 'the Park and Fly' reception we were told they knew it had been out of action. So why hadn't any notices been posted on the lift doors to inform guests?
Check in was very quick and we found our room to be very comfortable.
Dinner was a little wait but we were not into any rush and therefore enjoy watching the hotel busy life pass us by. The dinner selection was ok, but felt the choice could be improved.
We slept well and enjoyed the morning breakfast the variety of choice.
On return we again found(18 days later) the lift was out of action!!!!!!!!!!!
To me this was not acceptable.the only consolation was the man on the Park & Fly reception requested a porter to help with our baggage . All in all the hotel is very comfortable and easy to Gatwick both north and south terminals. Would we book here again?
Only on checking that the lifts etc were all in working order. I must stress the management must address this issue urgently! (Arrival 09/04/14- 27/04/14).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your most recent visits to our hotel.

I would like to take the time to apologise for the inconvenience you encountered regarding our car park lift. Unfortunately we are currently undergoing engineering works in our car park, but do hope to have the lift back in order very soon. We do advise guests to leave their luggage with our doormen prior to advancing to the car park.

In regards to your comments concerning the selection of evening meals, I have passed these comments onto our Food and Beverage team, who will certainly ensure that your feedback is taken into consideration when our menus are updated.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

James Berry

Write a ReviewReviews (8,235)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've been to the Sofitel at Gatwick Airport a few times now and I've always had a great time. Apart from the fact that the hotel is very clean, has friendly staff and excellent restaurants, what makes the hotel almost perfect in my eyes is it's close proximity to the airport. It's a little more than a grand total of 100 meters from your room to checkin. The only thing I can really complain about is the air con and the inability to open a window (I personally hate air cons and usually sleep with an open window at night). That is all :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
Sofitel_LGW, Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Bonjour Ynamite,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Department

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I got the park and fly deal and I must say it was a bargain!!! I basically paid for the room and got the parking free. Very useful as it's literally a 2 minute walk to the North Terminal from here. I got a free upgrade to a room with an amazing view over looking the edge of the airport and the countryside.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. I will definitely stay here again as you don't have to worry about battling your way through the traffic in the morning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were satisfied with our Park & Fly packages that we offer at the hotel. Your feedback will be passed onto our ambassadors as I am sure that this will encourage them to keep up the hard work and commitment.

If you happen to have any special requests or queries regarding a future stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on guestrelations@sofitelgatwick.com and they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was fantastic in every respect! We booked a night before our flight and night for when we returned, due to times of flights and distance to our home making hours unsociable. It included car parking as well, which was so easy, just a simple phone call and someone picked the car up from the hotel and brought it back on our return, all hassle free!

It is luxurious accommodation with great views from both of our rooms of the airport, not overlooked by anyone. On our first night we planned to arrive so we could visit London City, which was a great start to our holiday.

The hotel bar is an excellent place to relax and a perfect place to start and finish a holiday, our return flight arrived early so we finished our holiday off with a glass of bubbly and club sandwich, the latter or both are well recommended. The breakfast is fantastic, the variety is exceptional and the cooked breakfast is fresh and hot not like some buffet breakfasts I have encountered at other hotels. My only gripe would be no gluten free options available, but then I didn't ask so it may have been. If so maybe advertise it better.

The position of the hotel is perfect, easy access by tunnel to airport and shuttle service to south terminal to get train to London. We would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, bigger and more spacious. Beds are sooooo comfortable!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found the location of the hotel convenient for access into Gatwick Airport’s North Terminal. We do cater for different dietary requirements and our staff will try their best to ensure that these requirements are catered for if requested.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before a flight to Corfu. Two adults and a child. Lovely comfortable room, a camp bed type bed for my 7 year old son and a king sized bed for us. We didn't eat at the hotel but it had a couple of restaurants. It's within walking distance to the North Terminal. We used the parking as well, and got a good price for a night there and a week's parking (about £140). Would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013

I was delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay and were satisfied with our Park & Fly packages that we offer at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Signage was a little poor on arrival in the airport, not the hotels fault. Ask one of the airport staff. I had to go up one floor then it was easy and a very very short walk

Check in etc was slick and efficient ,
Room very well appointed modern clean and really quiet this hotel is in the middle of the airport, I had previously stayed at the Hilton in gatwick so was expecting a bed for the night with a bit of plane noise etc, not here! Very very quiet, I couldn't believe how quiet it was, the bed was the most comfortable of my trip and so comfortable, upon my return home I upgraded my own bed.

Breakfast was wonderful and a great place to people watch if u are not in a hurry.

Check out again slick and efficient

Really easy to get to departures

I would highly recommend staying in this hotel if u are flying early in the morning takes the stress out of getting to the airport on time or even if u are just in the area worth a stay really comfy bed

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and you were able to relax prior to your early morning flight.