Sofitel London Gatwick
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$103
US$89
Sandman Gatwick
  • Pool
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
ibis
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$83
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$90
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
8,626 results
All reviewsthe oriental restauranturban cafela brasseriesouth terminalan early flightchoice of restaurantscovered walkwaythe club loungesuperior roomcar parknext morningstart your holidaycomfortable bedsgood nights sleepquick checkan overnight staypre flight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We arrived the night before we were due to leave for Orlando. Check in went smoothly and the room was lovely. Almost had a view of the runway but not quite. It was very quiet in the room, no issues with hearing the planes thanks to the effective glazing. The evening meal was very nice. It was fantastic to just walk out of the hotel and into the airport the following day. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you like planes, ask for a runway view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliRC
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear AliRC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to have a good night sleep before your early morning flight. I will certainly pass your comments onto our Head Chef and ambassadors in regards to your dinner experience as I’m sure that this will encourage them to keep up the hard work!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

Kind regards,

James Berry

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed in Sofitel's all over the world and have stayed at Gatwick many times before. This time is was using my Accor loyalty points / vouchers as partial payment and was staying in a suite.

Check in was laborious and tiring after a long journey. The receptionist was a trainee and did not know how to deal with a partial payment by Accor vouchers. So I then had to endure her going through a training session from another employee with no thought to the fact that I was tired and just wanted to get to the room.

The Accor vouchers were in Euros ( they do not seem to do them in £ sterling!) and the exchange rate they gave me was an absolute rip off at Euro 1.41 to £1.

I had booked a suite which turned out to be two rooms together with the adjoining interconnecting door left open. Hardly a suite in my experience.

When I got to the door of room 700 and 702 neither of the key cards would open the doors so I had to carry my bags all the way down to reception and ask them to ensure my keys were working.

No offer of help with my bags and just an unsmiling receptionist tutting about guests not knowing how to use key cards. I stay in plenty of hotels and these key cards were not working.

Every time I left the room I had to return to reception to get new key cards because they had stopped working - very frustrating.

When I entered the room I was very disappointed to see that the "suite" was actually two rooms with the interconnecting doors open.

The bathroom was very small with a shower over the bath. if you have a suite I expect a separate shower and a larger bathroom.

The other room was basically devoid of furniture except for two very hard settees. There was no fruit, no welcome chocolates absolutely nothing.

I scoured both rooms for a glass to have a drink of the water I had brought and there were no glasses save for one very small gargle glass in the bathroom which was filthy dirty.

I decided to take a shower to wake myself up and freshen up. Inspected the bath which was dirty ( other peoples hairs ) so had to clean it first. The bath enamel was badly chipped and poorly repaired.

The "power" shower emitted a dribble of water which made having a refreshing shower impossible.

Dried off and got dressed and decided to watch the TV. there was a TV in each room.

Neither remote control would work because the batteries were dead. I always come prepared with screw driver and spare batteries. I replaced the batteries in the two remotes and the TVs worked fine BUT why had the hotel not done this prior to my arrival? Why?

I recently stayed in a suite at the New York Sofitel and the service was excellent and they could not do enough to assist. In this hotel at Gatwick they just do not care about their customers.

My loyalty to Sofitel has been severely tested by this experience and I have just cancelled my stay at the Grand Sofitel, Amsterdam in two weeks time.

Will not be using the Gatwick Sofitel again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton South Terminal instead
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GGGSarnia
Sofitel_LGW, Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Bonjour GGGSarnia,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My stopover before early morning flight to Canada.
Comfortable and quick access to N and S terminals.
Brasserie food excellent quality and creative, good service but, again not cheap.
I have stayed at the Premier next door but food there is awful.
Maybe the trick is to take a room at the Premier and dine in the Sofitel, I rather suspct some guests do just that.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Bonjour PickyDinerYorks,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I always stay at the Sofitels at both Gatwick and Heathrow prior to a fight the next day as I love them and it adds an extra day to the holiday. The beds are like clouds. Really really comfy. Stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick last night in a 'superior' room as the standard rooms were all sold out. Gatwick certainly isnt up to the standard of the more modern hotel at Heathrow but is still very nice. Air con worked very well. Rooms nice and quiet. Staff always welcoming. Had a couple of drinks in the bar and ate in the Chinese restaurant, all excellent. Just a couple of little gripes. There is no shop in the hotel. I arrived with a splitting headache and a shop selling Nurofen and bottled water would be good. There isnt a shop, so make sure you buy everything you need in the airport terminal on the way in. Its only a 5 min walk to the terminal but even so, would be nice to have a shop on site. Also a little packet of biscuits with the tea in the room would have been nice. There arent any and no bottled water either. You get 24 hours free wifi but you have to keep logging in with the password each time you use your laptop or phone which is a bit irritating. I'm just being really fussy here. Generally its a great hotel and I'll continue to stay prior to each flight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eli138

Bonjour Eli138,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The best thing I can say about this hotel was the location...just through the tunnel at the entrance of the North Terminal and you're there.

I checked in in the early hours and the night man wasn't at all pleasant - maybe I'm just judging him because I stayed at The Wembley Hilton the night before, but he didn't come close. With regards to the room, it would have been decorated splendidly if I were living in the 1960s - the room and particularly the bathroom were very very dated, to be frank reminded me of a hostel bathroom.

Aside from that, I must say the bed and pillows were very comfy.

If you want convenience, this is perfect. Somewhere with a bit of decor, I'd look elsewhere

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Daniel D,

I was delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the proximity of the hotel to the North Terminal, however I was disappointed to learn of your concerns regarding check-in and our room standards. Please rest assured that these comments have been passed to the relevant departmental managers to ensure that retraining is implemented and your feedback is addressed.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick in the future.

Kind regards,