“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bend, Oregon
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

One can't get much more convenient to London Gatwick airport. Our travels from the US and return required an overnight stay in both directions and we were very pleased with our choice of this hotel.

Our club level rooms were clean and comfortable and the club lounge was great; much better selection of food and beverage and service than any we've visited in the US.

The staff was warm and welcoming and we were able to leave a bag with them for 5 days. That was much more convenient than trying to find 'left luggage' service.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a view of the airport. In spite of the proximity to a very busy airport we did no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sofitel_LGW, Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 22 October 2016
Bonjour Edd51766,

Guest Relations Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,288)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We returned very late at night from holidaying in Kos, you can imagine how tired we were. It was great to walk immediately from the terminal to the hotel and everything was ready for us. The lady on reception greeted us with a big smile and was really helpful. A lovely room, everything you could possibly need. Spotlessly clean and just what we needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear RITA L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to the Sofitel London Gatwick.

I was delighted that you had a comfortable nights stay and found the location of the hotel convenient from access from the Terminal after your late night flight from Kos.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

James Berry
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best location for Gatwick airport as it is directly connected via tunnel to the terminal

Rooms are of a good standard and very comfortable. Service in the Club lounge was really good and a variety of F&B on offer

The Asian restaurant has some lovely dishes, although a little pricey for what they are. Service here was a little rushed but service in the bar area was really good

Overall, I would recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bonjour Trina1991,

Petworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sofitel (Gatwick) for the first time, and we were very pleased with the services and the room.
We booked it as part of a parking/room package with Park & Fly and it was the little touches in the room which made all the difference. Sound proofing was great, bed and pillows were luxurious and the room even had its own ironing board and iron, oh yes, and in the bathroom there was a clothes-line to hang wet items. Brilliant English breakfast - good value. Sadly the blonde female in charge of the La Brasserie was lacking in customer services - a smile would have been nice as a first greeting!
It is a short walk to the North Terminal via a tunnel and a lift but once inside it is worth the little amount of effort. We will be returning - my tip is to shop around for a package deal. Parking couldn't be more simple.
I am marking down on service because of the female in La Brasserie - all other staff were fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Greygoose20,

UK
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was good and comfortable but I had an irritating experience with ordering room service. I spent a week in London on business and lost my purse earlier in the week. With it I lost all my credit cards so when I checked in I opted to not hand a card over but to 'pay as I went' as I didn't have a card. However I then ordered a room service meal which was brought up promptly, all very pleasant and I was asked to sign the bill for it to be added to my room, which I did.
Then the phone rang and someone asked me if my meal was okay and then immediately after I said yes they said that there was a problem because I'd ordered room service without opening a credit line and the man would either be sent back to my room to collect cash or I'd have to come to reception to pay as early as possible. I walked back down to reception and paid before finishing my meal to get it out of the way (it wasn't a hot meal, I felt hassled and couldn't relax and eat it without settling the problem/ bill).
It's a small thing but it made me feel like the hotel was implying that I was likely to 'do a runner' and not pay for the meal, which if that was how they felt they should have got the process right the first time round. Also it was obvious that the person who phoned me didn't actually care whether my meal was okay, they just wanted me to pay up.
Not what I expected, I had no issue with paying for what I'd ordered, but felt like I'd been 'told off' by the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Megamog,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay, however disappointed to learn of your concerns regarding your in-room dining service. Please rest assured that your feedback has been passed to our Food and Beverage Manager, who will be implementing the necessary retraining to ensure that a similar occurrence does not happen again. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you from staying with us again and hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

James Berry
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We often stay hear overnight if flying out on a morning flight. Good standard for an airport hotel with the fantastic Mybeds as standard across all Sofitel hotels.

The Thai restaurant on site is particularly good.

Recommended.