Sofitel London Gatwick
  • Pool
US$175
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$106
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
8,621 results
All reviewsthe oriental restauranturban cafela brasseriesouth terminalan early flightchoice of restaurantscovered walkwaythe club loungesuperior roomcar parknext morningstart your holidaycomfortable bedsgood nights sleepquick checkan overnight staypre flight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Sofitel the night before an early flight, in combination with Mapel Manor parking. Check-in was easy and quick, and I had the option of paying for any extras 'as I go' or by registering my credit card. I opted for the latter. The room, on the fourth floor, was small but perfectly adequate. Entry to the room was via key card that also worked the lights. We had a Queen sized bed, which was very comfortable, four pillows, a huge mirror, safe, fridge, TV and a well equipped bathroom with free toiletries. We also had a HUGE picture window that overlooked the car park and runway. It was very quiet and there was no noise disturbance at all.

The bars and restaurants are very expensive. We ate in the Urban Cafe, food was tasty but over priced. Also - why is no bread offered? They also didn't have the wine I ordered. I did, however, like being able to sign everything I ordered to the room.

We slept well, the shower was powerful and the towels big and fluffy. I was able to check my bill and check out via the TV the next morning.

Despite the high cost of food and drink we enjoyed our brief stay and would stay here again.

1  Thank Vicky G
Sofitel_LGW, Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Bonjour Vicky G,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for one night prior to flying out to Egypt. The room was comfortable and was well equipped. It was very quiet considering it's an airport hotel. Didn't hear the planes or other guests. We had a dinner package which meant that we could eat from a fairly restricted menu or have an allowance and eat from the a la carte menu. Food was good. Breakfast was even better, considering how busy it was. There is an undercover walkway directly from the hotel to the North Terminal building.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Robin A,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was booked in here by Monarch Airlines because the flight I was on had to make an emergency landing at Gatwick. After a six hour wait, with no information, we were told at 10.30 pm that there was no flight until the next day at 12.15.pm.

Finally found the hotel, and was much relieved to find it pleasant and welcoming. My previous experience of airport hotels has been pretty dire, and I was apprehensive. We were checked in quickly and offered a meal even though it was 11pm. The room and bathroom were good, apart from the fact it was near a lift shaft (my fault for not realising and asking for a change) You couldn't hear any noise from the planes. A comfortable bed and excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the top floor away from either of the two lift shafts.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Vivienne03,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent visit to our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and although a short visit, you were able to relax before your rescheduled flight.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

James Berry

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Good-Nice big room, easy access to the North Terminal, and car parking packages.
The Bad- Fire Doors in corridors are dated. Making them loud during the night and early morning when people are going through them.
The Ugly- No access to car park from Hotel which was a surprise, you have to exit the hotel, and walk through a smaller car park, then into the multi storage car park. Asked at reception and was told it was the only way to get there.
Didn't eat or drink here so can't comment.

The extra - We got a good deal on a parking package, stayed in the hotel upon return. Recently stayed at the Hamilton by Hilton, (also at the North Terminal) and was just as nice (and newer)

Room Tip: As far away from elevators as possible

Bonjour Spydog007,