“Get a good night's sleep”

Sofitel London Gatwick
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
“Get a good night's sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I only stayed here because of an early flight, and I used my points to redeem an almost-free night (I think I ended up paying £6 overall!), so Sofitel was pretty much the only choice if I wanted to keep things cheap.
However, it's a fine hotel, not as new as the Sofitel at Heathrow T5, but up to the usual Sofitel standards: ruthlessly clean, well-designed and quiet rooms (no airport or motorway noise at all), charming and pleasant staff.
I didn't use any of the restaurants or facilities as I was only there for one night, but I would recommend this just for the convenience of being so close to the airport... you walk along one tunnel and you're in departures. It certainly makes those early morning flights more palateable, and you're pretty much guaranteed a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: You'll sleep fine in any room, trust me.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim F
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Bonjour Jim F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyably quiet stay and that you were able to utilize your well earned Le Club points towards your accommodation. It is always nice to hear that our guests are benefitting from our reward program.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick very soon.

Kind regards,

James Berry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,262)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went with my sister to stay over night as she was catching a very early flight!!
We had a very long journey in the train from Swindon as it was delayed and went very slowly and...etc, etc. We arrived at he Sofitel around 7:30, they didn't have an early restaurant available to reserve so we had decided to eat in the room, but... we came down for before dinner drinks and had been looking forward to having a nice Caipirigna, but.... They had NO Cashaca. We had to decide on a Mojito instead, very well made but... NOT what we had been looking forward to. How can a hotel like this have NO Cashaca? We had left out things in the room and the TV and Air con worked but we had no light. We phoned downstairs when we returned and they fixed it very quickly, a very nice and apologetic service man.
After a very nice dinner we had decided we'd have some Port, can you believe that at 9:30 pm they had run out of Port? in a hotel like the Sofitel? We did let them know in the morning we were disappointed and did get a bit of a discount but.... We were NOT impressed!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HermanandSandra
Bonjour HermanandSandra,

Thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel.
I am very happy to hear that although you did encounter some problems during your stay you were well looked after, and our ambassadors were able to rectify the problem you encountered in your room to your expectation.

With regards to the shortages of liquors you experienced, unfortunately due to unexpected high demand for these items we were unable to fulfil your requests. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Your feedback enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards.

If you happen to have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations team on guestrelations@sofitelgatwick.com and they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick.

James Berry
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times with no major concerns. Very good location in relation to the terminals; on the doorstep of north terminal and a (free) shuttle ride away from south terminal and gatwick train station. Not much to fault at all with this hotel, always very clean, spacious rooms with little disturbance. Rooms are equipped with even the smallest of handy things i.e. - sewing kit, fridge, hairdryer, iron etc. Room comes with 24 hours of free wifi.
A quick tip though. I do believe that food and bar are overpriced. If you fancy a few drinks, Premier Inn next door is much cheaper and has more of a social atmosphere in my opinion.
Parking can be quite steep but there's no real other alternative. Also, be aware that if you're ordering room service, not only is the food quite expensive, you also have to pay something like a £7 service charge.
All in all, very nice hotel. Could perhaps do with a rethink on prices but if people are willing to pay it….

Room Tip: Corner suites seem much more spacious and luxurious. Definitely recommend.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel_LGW, Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 22 October 2016
Bonjour Liara J,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Department
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

As others have said this is the best hotel at Gatwick. Certainly not the cheapest, but if you book the package with includes car parking it makes it a fair deal. The first thing to say is that if like me you have stayed at the Sofitel at Heathrow, this is nowhere near as good - but that hotel has different clientele and is very new. But, this hotel is very very good. I booked with my A club points and for the first time stayed in a classic room so it was smaller than I have been used to. But, for one person, it was an ample size, with really comfortable bed and a great view of the runway (and let's face it that the best view your going to get at an airport). I was given a corner room which I gather is one of the better classic rooms. It was amazingly quiet - there must have been guests coming and going whilst I was asleep but I didn't hear a thing and am a light sleeper. Well done Sofitel for getting that right.

Others have said the reception staff were not the best but I didn't find that at all - on check-in in the afternoon, and on very early check-out I found them extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful. The guys on the desk for car parking were also extremely helpful and efficient. Bar staff were excellent too. My only gripe is the quality of the sandwich I had early evening - it was a rather dry cheese sandwich (had to ask for more mayonnaise to make it palatable) and was served lumped on top of a plate of salad. I couldn't eat more than half. However, the free nibbles with tube drink were very good - olives, nuts etc. Overall, I think this an excellent airport hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Note - if flying from North Terminal, the location is marvellous - it is just over the road. This hotel is a great start and/or finish to a holiday.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters - if traveling alone, the classic room is absolutely fine. You're...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bonjour CADLondon,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Department