We were recommened this hotel from our tour operator. We were travelling from Gatwick for the first time. Our train shuttle was simple and flowed into the terminal. We couldn't see the signs for the Hotel clearly, tho this may have been us. The staff near this area were less than helpful. Finally we get there. The walk down to the hotel was very plush and pleasant. It looked very impressive. So top marks for the hotel up to now!!!!!! We were swiftly booked in and followed directions for our room. On entering there was a massive window with FAB views for our child who loves to watch the planes coming and going. We then noticed there was NO bed for our son. We rang reception SIX times to no answer. The room was very small and we couldn't possibly see where the bed was going to go.????
We didn't unpacked the overnight bags as we expected to move rooms. We all made for the reception, we explained we tried to ring them 6 times and the reply was "oh we were busy". We calmly explained our situation and the lady said its ok we will have a bed moved into your room. We explained there was no room and she replied "oh there is, lol".
We decided to go to the bar for a drink. Oh my goodness, £6:60 for a pint. We never paid that on a cruise or an international sports game. We were shocked but had to pay it. What else can you do. We had our drink and left to see the bed in place!!!!! It was placed smack bang in front of the window in front of the chair and we could sit in the chair or move around the main bed without clambering over the double bed. Absolutely ridiculous.
We kept cool and went to get some thing to eat. There was a good selection of eating and drinking. We decided the expensive prices were not going to spoilt our hols. Bite the bullet and pay up.
Our son ate from the Kids menu and we ordered from the normal menu. We had eaten our starters and were still waiting for our drinks and wine. Our main meals were just ok. Our sons main meal should have come with the starter it finally came out after we received our main. For goodness sake its was a pizza. We complained to the waiter and he said "so sorry" he was rushed off his feet. He offered us a free glass of wine though we had only just received our bottle!!!!!!. We got our lovely desserts promptly and they were lovely. We are still awaiting our free glass of wine!!!! So we are at the end of the meal and hubby asked for the bill. He went to pay without checking the bill. On checking it. We were booked in for meals inclusive and this was clearly NOT taken off the bill. We again went to reception. They said would sort it by the morning. Why they couldn't do this then and there I really do not know. We had a lovely night sleep and packed and ready to go went to sort the previous night bill out. Too our astonishment they asked us to pay the whole bill and they would refund the inclusive meals onto our card asap. We were totally astonished. We had to leave paying a higher price. We explained to the lady at reception our concerns she was not bothered in the slightest and just replied "sorry". I would never stay here. Pathetic standards with toooo high price. One of the hotels next door will be our choice and we know the standards and the price is worth it.
Well we had a grt night sleep
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An established, four-star luxury hotel uniquely located within Gatwick Airport, Sofitel London Gatwick boasts world-class services and amenities, which include various dining options and extensive meeting and event facilities. The hotel offers eight-day or fifteen-day Park & Fly packages available at the airport the day before check in. The hotel is 30 minutes by Gatwick Express from central London and all its attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Sofitel Hotel London Gatwick
- Sofitel Hotel Crawley
- Sofitel Crawley
- Crawley Sofitel
- Gatwick London Sofitel
- Gatwick Hotel Sofitel
- Sofitel London Gatwick Crawley, West Sussex