“diappionted”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband son and I stayed at this hotel 2 nights before a our holiday one of the reasons I chose this 4*hotel was that it was our 25th wedding anniversary and it had a Jacuzzi and steam to relax in and a spa to be pampered as well as being convenient to Gatwick hotel but when we arrived the steam room was not in use because it is being renovated and the Jacuzzi was so hot we couldn’t sit in it this really disappointed us as no one bothered to inform us prior to our visit and when I enquired a the desk they never even mention it -very poor customer service - as for the spa this was very bizarre I was given a number to phone a gentleman for all the treatments to ask him if he was available to come to the hotel I couldn’t be bothered with the hazel so I went into crawley town
We had a meal and drinks’ in the evening at the restaurant which was nice but very over priced as expected in Gatwick hotels no one came to tidy our room we had to phone reception when we got back from town at 3.30pm 1 hour later still no body turned up so I phoned reception again and just asked them for clean towns which they did ½ later- we go away twice a year and use Gatwick’s hotels to stay in prior to ours flights to chill and relax but I’m afraid I will never use this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not book a room near train station side
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank popet12

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Having booked this hotel for an overnight stay due to picking up family members from the airport early the following morning, I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to spend a bit more time enjoying the relaxed and friendly atmosphere as well as all the facilities this hotel has to offer. The room and particularly the bathroom was very clean and spacious - not only was there a bath with handheld shower, but a modern shower with great water pressure. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again whether on a social or business basis.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed here this month the night before flying. The hotel is light and airy and modern - the lobby with a bar is a lovely space and the whole place has a nice feel to it. I managed to get a premier room with 4 nights free parking for £66 which is amazing value. The only problem we had was that the kitchen had a problem with ovens so no hot food was available earlier in the evening. However, by 9 it was fine and we had a nice meal in the main restaurant. They also do food in the bar which is nice. A pleasant stay and excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wendybatch
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I like this hotel and most things about it, i would highly recommend a stay here.

The check in is easy, the rooms are good, clean with a few extras in the bathroom.

The staff have a nice attitude and the whole experience is a relaxed one.

The thing that lets the place down is the price of some drinks, ask how much before you order a large gin and tonic and the price of the food in the pub. I paid £10.99 for a cheese and ham wrap because the had run out of beef, i originally ordered a beef wrap. If i remember correctly a burger is about £13.00....so you get the idea?.....beware but don`t let this put you off because it more than makes up for it in other ways.

So breakfast:

A nice greeting from the check in lady and off to the hot plates, bacon run out and undercooked when it arrived, sausages undercooked and the fried eggs were cold and hard but everything else was okay. Only yoghurt i could find was low fat but i have to admit there was a nice selection of foods and if more care was taken over it`s preparation and availability control, it would have been a good breakfast....couldn`t fault the quality of ingredients but an average child could have organised it better.

But a better experience than last year when the breakfast was nothing short of disgusting!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kyokushin
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is the 3rd occasion we have stayed here at the Arora, all on some deal/package for park and stay. A very competitive price, along with Maple Manor Parking - meet and greet on return.
A truely 4 start welcome and very efficient check in and room request remembered.
We stayed in and had a fixed price diner for 2 with no alcohol....£53:00 is a bit on the pricey side.
Service and quality was very good, menu limited but saves having to go out and look for food.

Courtesy Bus in the morning £3:00 each very good service again.

On return, all went very smoothly and followed Maple Manor instructions, considering there was a complete shut down of Gatwick Rail when we returned, Manor service was very good indeed..... They only put 6 miles on my vehicle from leaving it at the Arora to returning it at Gatwick South which again I think is very good indeed.....

I would certainly recommend both if the pricing is right for you.....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy G
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stay here on our way to Gatwick. Always been excellent. We normally have the park and hotel deal which is great to come back to the airport to have your car delivered!
Rooms good. Very quiet and well furnished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the coridor furthest from the lift as this will be the quetist.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Babicz
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here as a stop gap on my way to Brighton, and was very happy with this choice. The reception was nice, modern and airy and well staffed so no waiting to be checked in. They were all well presented and very polite, and informative as to the amenities, facilities etc. The room was excellent, the best nights sleep I have ever had in any hotel, everthing was nice & clean and had everything you need, even a working fridge, always a plus for me. It has a pub which you can chill back with a beer & food, but I chose to eat in the restaurant which has a fairly limited menu, but I found this to be a plus point as I did not spend excessive time reading and re-reading. The food available is of a very high standard, even the Chef's interacted to aid with my choice. It is not cheap, but it is worth it to get quality food. The restaurant itself is nicely set out, but some of the tables are a little too close to each other if it was to get busy. There is a huge lobby/seating area for you to sit and people watch with your favourite tipple, water fountains aid the relaxation. The hotel was easy to find, has its own underground car park, and has access directly to the Train station platform. I will definitely be using this again next year. Not one negative thing could I find. Well done ALL.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo