“Great hotel, friendly service ... only one complaint....”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Amsterdam
“Great hotel, friendly service ... only one complaint....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is very useful when departing from Gatwick, its right next to the railway in Crawley and less than 15 minutes drive. Its spacious, pleasant and the staff are really friendly.

For example on checkout I went to the machine to pay for parking and it wasnt taking bank notes - of course i didnt have enough coins. So I went back up to reception to pay over the counter and they just gave me the parking for free. Thats really a way to make customers happy - I already had the money in my hand but was told it was fine! :)

The food was great in the restuarant, really enjoyed it and the breakfast was very good too.

Only thing negative to say was that the room we had had a connecting door to the next room. It wasnt insulated at all and so we got to enjoy the conversation of our neighbours. I really dont know why hotels think these doors are acceptable ... but they are very common and I dislike them intensely as I'm a light sleeper. So if you feel the same you might want to ask on check in to avoid such a room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hastur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

The Arora Hotel at Gatwick is a good hotel with nice rooms and very pleasant staff. We arrived at around 8.30pm and the check-in was friendly and efficient. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant called The Grill, there were only about four tables occupied so there was very little atmosphere and quite slow service considering the lack of patrons! On looking at the menu the food appeared to be very expensive - my husband chose a Burger and was not asked how he would like it cooked and my request to have a side of fries was met with an astonished expression and a trip to the kitchen to ask the chef if that was achievable! When the food eventually arrived my husband's burger was thin and overcooked and my goat's cheese tart was over salted.

Such a shame that a really nice hotel is so badly let down by the food.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank devontraveller22
Turre, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed once more at the Arora and pleased to see that their high standards were being maintained. Reception staff are particularly pleasant and helpful and I was allocated the room of my choice.
This hotel is well located in the centre of Crawley and you have a hotel access directly into the railway station and a short-cut to the main shopping mall.
Rooms are pleasant and well furnished, although the free wifi is a little slow and kept dropping-out.

Room Tip: The hotel is well sound-proofed and there is little/no noise from the adjacent railway station
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hampshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband son and I stayed at this hotel 2 nights before a our holiday one of the reasons I chose this 4*hotel was that it was our 25th wedding anniversary and it had a Jacuzzi and steam to relax in and a spa to be pampered as well as being convenient to Gatwick hotel but when we arrived the steam room was not in use because it is being renovated and the Jacuzzi was so hot we couldn’t sit in it this really disappointed us as no one bothered to inform us prior to our visit and when I enquired a the desk they never even mention it -very poor customer service - as for the spa this was very bizarre I was given a number to phone a gentleman for all the treatments to ask him if he was available to come to the hotel I couldn’t be bothered with the hazel so I went into crawley town
We had a meal and drinks’ in the evening at the restaurant which was nice but very over priced as expected in Gatwick hotels no one came to tidy our room we had to phone reception when we got back from town at 3.30pm 1 hour later still no body turned up so I phoned reception again and just asked them for clean towns which they did ½ later- we go away twice a year and use Gatwick’s hotels to stay in prior to ours flights to chill and relax but I’m afraid I will never use this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not book a room near train station side
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank popet12
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Having booked this hotel for an overnight stay due to picking up family members from the airport early the following morning, I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to spend a bit more time enjoying the relaxed and friendly atmosphere as well as all the facilities this hotel has to offer. The room and particularly the bathroom was very clean and spacious - not only was there a bath with handheld shower, but a modern shower with great water pressure. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again whether on a social or business basis.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed here this month the night before flying. The hotel is light and airy and modern - the lobby with a bar is a lovely space and the whole place has a nice feel to it. I managed to get a premier room with 4 nights free parking for £66 which is amazing value. The only problem we had was that the kitchen had a problem with ovens so no hot food was available earlier in the evening. However, by 9 it was fine and we had a nice meal in the main restaurant. They also do food in the bar which is nice. A pleasant stay and excellent value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wendybatch
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I like this hotel and most things about it, i would highly recommend a stay here.

The check in is easy, the rooms are good, clean with a few extras in the bathroom.

The staff have a nice attitude and the whole experience is a relaxed one.

The thing that lets the place down is the price of some drinks, ask how much before you order a large gin and tonic and the price of the food in the pub. I paid £10.99 for a cheese and ham wrap because the had run out of beef, i originally ordered a beef wrap. If i remember correctly a burger is about £13.00....so you get the idea?.....beware but don`t let this put you off because it more than makes up for it in other ways.

So breakfast:

A nice greeting from the check in lady and off to the hot plates, bacon run out and undercooked when it arrived, sausages undercooked and the fried eggs were cold and hard but everything else was okay. Only yoghurt i could find was low fat but i have to admit there was a nice selection of foods and if more care was taken over it`s preparation and availability control, it would have been a good breakfast....couldn`t fault the quality of ingredients but an average child could have organised it better.

But a better experience than last year when the breakfast was nothing short of disgusting!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family