“Very happy”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stayed here night before an early flight. Very impressed in fairness. A little way away from Airport but I had a hire car so no problem getting there at 4:30am

Sadly didnt get to see much of the hotel as arrived late & left early but seemed a very nice hotel.

Steam rooms closed for maintenance which was a bit of a let down but not disastrous.

No complaints really, lovely room & hotel very clean & lived up to its Star rating (makes a change)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paxosconcierge
Write a ReviewReviews (2,536)

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed here for a night on a business trip and I was impressed with the quality of the hotel, the rooms, the gym and the breakfast. The ambiance in the hotel is modern and the central atrium area is bright and spacious. Only let down for me was quality of coffee on offer at Breakfast was poor.

Located next to Crawley train station - only 10 mins by train from Gatwick - and can be accessed from the platform. (Through gate with intercom). My bedroom was facing the tracks and was not disturbed by trains as well insulted double glazing. Wifi and air on both good.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We booked an overnight stay at the Arora Hotel Gatwick before travelling to Gran Canaria last month. We chose this hotel due to its close location to Gatwick airport and also we had read many good reviews on Trip Advisor. It was easy to find once we had left the motorway.
The hotel was lovely and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Our room was clean, spacious, comfortable and decorated nicely. Room service was good and very prompt.. Included in the price which was very reasonable was 8 days parking. I felt quite anxious leaving my car keys as my car is my pride and joy and you hear all kinds of stories about what they do with your car whilst youre away. I neednt have worried because on our return to Gatwick Airport, i made 1 phonecall and my car was brought to me safe and sound (having been well looked after).
We'll certainly stay at the Arora again if we need to fly from Gatwick. Our only disappointment was that the leisure facilities were being refurbished so we were unable to use the jacuzzi or sauna. Never mind, something to look forward to next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2012

we have stayed in this hotel several times in the past the staff are very pleasant,nothing is too much trouble, the rooms are excellent,the food is a reasonable price.,the hotel is much cheaper than Gatwick airport, and is easy to get to!

Room Tip: all the rooms are good and quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Very smart hotel with good size room and close to gatwick via 8 minute train which takes you to back gate of hotel. Very helpful staff who happily dealt with our requests. Would stay here again and definitely a hotel worth looking at for overnight flight connections.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This was our 3rd stay and impressive as ever. We always stay here prior to flying out to the Caribbean the next morning. The rooms are very good especially for the price, roomy, comfortable, excellent bathrooms and great value! We always have a meal in the hotel pub, the food is enjoyable and we have not had any complaints to date, I suppose the prices are on the high side but it is London!
Located about 10 minutes away from Gatwick by airport bus or taxi which is usually arranged by the hotel for us. Did have a delay this time due to the taxi not turning up but the hotel arranged for another to collect us at their expense which made up for the hassle. Intend to stay here again prior to our next holiday flight from gatwick.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I used the Arora for an overnighter for an early flight with parking for 8 days. Paid 70 odd quid inclusive for 2 so I was not expecting much. So how surprised was I. The hotel is in fact quite smart and obviously geared up for the Buisnessman. The room was better than I was expecting, spacious with a excellent bathroom including both walk in shower an separate bath. The TV was a large screened modern Samsung with a freeview service. Free wifi was also included although a bit slow, but there was the option to upgrade for a reasonable fee. I used the spots bar for a couple of drinks where there are a number of large screens showing sky's offering. I didn't have time to try out the breakfast but the buffet looked superb from a distance and the grill restraunt menu looked apitising. Trasnsfer to the airport was on a limited shuttle (once an hour) cost £3.50 a head but a taxi does not cost a lot more. It takes about 20 mins. My car was dropped off at the airport very efficiently on my return. In summary a good hotel at a brilliant price including the car park. I will be using the Arora again for sure.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family