“Expensive Wine”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before as part of our pre flight arrangments & their car park/ 1night room deal is excellent. HOWEVER we have to comment on the price of the wine in PUB/BAR when in the "Happy Hour" we were charged £3 for a pint OK, but £11.9 for a glass of tepid savignon blanc; UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front away from railway track.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Arora Gatwick Crawley Hotel following your stay with us; it is appreciated. I would like to point out that we do offer a selection of wine starting from £4.50 to £11.90.

On a future visit to Crawley, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I've passed this hotel many times on the train and often thought it looks a bit like a prison. However, I attended a function there recently and the inside is such the opposite. They say never judge a book by its cover and the Arora is proof. The staff are kind and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable (and very affordable) and the bars / function areas are great. If you're planning on stopping here - don't hesitate - it's a very pleasant place to put your head down.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased to hear it was a wonderful experience for you and that you found our team to be so helpful and kind. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

As an Airline crew member i have spent in excess of 100 nights in this hotel...it is one of my favorites. A modern, comfortable facility, great rooms (large) with wonderful baths. Fantastic exercise facility, outstanding staff, outstanding hotel, great pub. negatives...when i last stayed there they offered no free internet, otherwise I cant say enough good things bout this hotel!!

Room Tip: I think the older part of the hotel has nicer rooms, request non train side if you are a light sleep...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that I read your review. I am delighted to hear that all the services you experienced during your stay with us were excellent. I will share your comments with the team. I would also like to confirm that we do offer complimentary limited Wi-Fi facility to all our guests; so on your next trip please enquire at the reception desk to take advantage of the facility.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is the 3rd time we have used the arora as an overnight stop before going on to gatwick airport the next day and yet again the hotel lived up to my expectations. so this review is made up of good things to say about the hotel with only 2 bad things that i will leave to the end cause there not important issues to some people

1st THE ROOMS
the rooms are a good size, comfortable and were in a very good decorative state, tea and coffee in the room, decent flat screen tv, the bathroom is an excellant size wiv bath and a decent shower and looked like it been cleaned by those two cleaning ladies you see on the tv, it was gleaming.

2nd HOTEL LOCATION
the hotel is right in the middle of crawley town which is great and only takes 10 mins from the m23, 15mins to get to the airport. the journey is extremelly straight forward. there are loads of hotels that are nearer the airport but not walking distance to anything like shops/ restaurants/ bars. All of which are within a couple of minutes walk from this hotel. so if you are able to checkin at lunch time ish then there is plenty to do in the afternoon and evening. i just think it adds another day to my holiday.

3rd THE BAD THINGS
the hotel charges £10 for overnight parking.
we never bother using the restaurant or the bar as the price for brekfast is £18 EACH, saw the advert in the lift. yes you read it correct £18 EACH, outrageous. so we dont even give them the benefit of the dout that the lunch,dinner or bar prices are much better. those prices might be ok for buisness persons with there buisness accounts, but not normall people 36 quid for brekfast ouch.

4th OVERALL
i believe this hotel is a nice looking, clean and in a great location and would recommend to anyone, just have brekfast some where else lol :).

i hope this has been of some help

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that the location and the rooms of our hotel suited your needs. However, disappointed to hear that you found our breakfast price to be outrageous. We do have several other options for breakfast which includes continental, room service or breakfast on the go.

I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Staff and lobby are amazing at this hotel, however my room was basic and dated. The food was a let down, the style of the restaurant is perfect. I had sirloin steak and it wasn't great at all. I've stayed before and the food was the best part of my stay. Please improve for my next visit.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.
On a positive note, I was pleased to hear that you found our staff and lobby amazing.
However, it was disappointing to hear that you found your steak not to your liking. Your feedback will be passed on to our head chef in order to improve our standard and hope to meet your expectations during your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have just stayed at this hotel whilst on a residential course. The hotel rooms are very comfortable, with good facilities and very clean. All the staff were extremely helpful and willing to do that little bit extra that can make all the difference to your stay. The hotel was busy with passengers and flight personnel, but they were geared up for this and not once did I have to wait for breakfast & or service. They even have direct access to Crawley's train platform, which made travel for me extremely easy.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again, both on business and for pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am very pleased that you enoyed your stay with us and are delighted to hear that the service you received from our team members made yourstay even more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Arora Gatwick/Crawley in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

With an early flight out of Gatwick, we booked a night at this hotel. On arrival we found our booking was not on the hotel's system. This proved to be no problem at all because the receptionist was extremely helpful and found us another room immediately. We were able to book the 4 night parking package (extended by one night for a reasonable charge) and spent a very comfortable night in an excellent room. Not wishing to use the restaurant, we ordered club sandwiches from room service and these were delivered quickly and were fresh and tasty. the receptionist arranged for our transfer by bus to the airport in the morning. On our return, we rang the hotel and were collected very promptly by the courtesy bus and returned to the hotel to pick up our car from the underground secure parking. This service may also include bringing your car to the airport on your return and having your car valeted while you are away. The price for the room and parking was incredibly reasonable and the whole service worked so well, we certainly can recommend this hotel to anyone flying to or from Gatwick.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that i read your review. I am delighted to hear that all the services you experienced during your stay with us were excellent. I will share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Arora Gatwick/Crawley in the future.