Stayed here for 1 night before jetting off on our holiday. Found it easily enough. We had previously emailed the hotel direct to ask for a quiet twin room & was allocated a particular room number which we made note of. On arrival, we were given a totally different numbered room & when we got up there we found it was on the 3rd floor to the rear of the hotel overlooking the railway. We immediately asked for a change of room but was told we were given that one as we had asked for a twin bedded room, the one that was allocated to us when we had specifically asked for a quiet room was not a twin room. Anyhow, we were given another twin room overlooking the indoor atrium area which at first we were dubious about how quiet it would be but were pleasantly surprised to find out that it was indeed very quiet. I have seen a previous comment on here about these particular rooms feeling slightly claustrophobic but once you've got the curtains closed you wouldn't really know you were in an inside room. We had also opted to park our car in the car park located underneath the hotel and felt confident that it would be safe and secure, we had opted that the vehicle did not get moved. We booked and prepaid for the morning shuttle service to the airport but was told that you had to be prompt as the bus did leave on time, how right they were, we were literally 1 minute late and missed it but no worries as literally around the corner is a regular bus service to the airport which we opted to take, we only had to wait about 5 minutes as I think they run about every 10 mins or so. Plenty of room on the bus for us & our luggage & the journey took about 15-20mins at the most. With the hotel being located in the town centre we thought it might be a bit noisy but far from it. It was within easy walking distance if you wanted to take a look around the shops which we did and we had already pre-booked our evening meal in one of the local Italian restaurants which was superb, that ended up being only a 10min walk from the hotel. Room was very spacious with large flat screen tv, separate bathroom which had both a bath & separate shower. Very clean & comfortable. Will probably use this airport again if flying from Gatwick. I might add with regard to the shuttle bus scenario, on our return we contacted the hotel to say we would like picking up & they gave us instructions as to where to meet it and on our return to the hotel explained that we had missed the outgoing shuttle but had already pre-paid it so they very kindly didn't charge us for our return journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arora Hotel in Crawley is a modern hotel that offers a high quality accommodation in the town centre, with Gatwick airport just 10 minutes away. The hotel offers 432 en-suite bedrooms, an AA Rosette awarded Restaurant(The Grill), an English Pub and a 24 hour gym. In the expansive Atrium, WIFI is available free of charge as well as in the hotel rooms. Combine this with ample on-site car parking and superb train links to Brighton and London and you have the perfect base for your business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arora International Gatwick Crawley
- Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley West Sussex