“Excellent Train Links”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 8 November 2008

The Arora is right next to Crawley Railway station with a direct entrance into the hotel, giving exceptional access to public transport into London and the local area. It is a good airport hotel with very quiet rooms and food. Reception gives quick service with staff from the office area providing back up when it is busy. The public areas are perhaps a bit over-spacious but overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BigDave

Reviewed 30 October 2008

We stayed in the arora Gatwick for one night on the 7th Oct. We paid £149 as we booked direct through the hotel this included 15 days car parking and a courtesy bus to and from the airport.

The Rooms are a little bit dated but the bathroom is gorgeous with a lovely big shower.
Check in was very quick and efficient and we managed to arrange the courtesy bus for 8:45am with no problems. We decided not to eat at the hotel and asked reception to point us in the direction of Crawly town and they did better than that and gave us a map with all the good restaurants marked on it! We went and ate at ask its about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel.

Rooms are very quiet and are clean. There is also a fridge for you to use if you are like us and like to take your own bubbly to have a glass to toast your forthcoming holiday!

Check out was just as easy as check in and the reception girls are very friendly. We were very impressed with the courtesy bus as it was only the two of us using it so it was more like a free private transfer!! On return we were advised to contact the hotel and the bus will pick us up. I did this after we had collected the luggage and the courtesy bus was on time at 10:15am to collect us we was just thankful after a long flight that we didn't have to fight our way onto one of the other hotel buses as yet again the courtesy bus had only us two on it!!

All in all very good value for money and we will stay there again when we fly from Gatwick! :)

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura V
Reviewed 29 October 2008

stayed at the Arora for one night only, Sat 25th October. although the hotel seemed very busy, check in was efficient, I had a smoking room ! so did not feel like an outcast.
I ordered room service, came in stated time and was reasonably good value £10.95 for huge triple club sandwich with fries.
Bed comfortable, no noise at all, room was standard size but very clean and tidy. Bathroom had bath and separate shower so all in all good and black marble looked very attractive.
Although breakfast buffet was busy the food was good and constantly being replenished
Would definitely recommend this hotel if going on holiday but believe the shuttle runs limited times in evening.
Otherwise good place to stay

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank wenwoo
Reviewed 22 October 2008

stayed 1 night to catch 9am flight.hotel is 10 mins max by train with a 10 mins wait for train,direct access from platform right dont the end of platform 2.80 euros for 1 night with free bus transfer in the morning which left on time.nice modern hotel and rooms and would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 7 October 2008

This really should be just another city centre business hotel but it is better than that.

The staff, from check in to check out, were very plesant. It is a modern hotel and you wouldn't expect a lot of character in the building or the rooms but the lobby/atrium is light and airy. It contains a bar and a deli area where you can buy sandwiches and coffee to eat in or take out. The shop in the lobby is also unusually well stocked with drinks and biscuits etc for snacking. There are computers in the lobby for internet access (this is also available in the rooms at 15 pounds for 24 hours- not cheap but not unreasonable). For more substantial meals the hotel restaurant (there is only one, also in the lobby) is also very good.

After all that eating there is a well equipped and modern gym in the basement, although a pool is notably missing.

The location of the hotel is excellent- 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport (there is a hotel shuttle bus) and only a 10 minute walk from Crawley City Centre.

Definitely recommended for business or a place to recover after (or before!) a flight.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DebateableWanderer
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I booked after hearing great reviews on Trip Advisor.

My trip was Gatwick - Birmingham - Gatwick, staying in the Arora the night before my return flight home. I had a return rail ticket ending up at Gatwick, so I had to get from Gatwick to Arora at 9 pm on a Friday evening.

I knew hotel was in Crawley, checked at airport on my way out how I would get to Arora. Airport staff told me that there was a shuttle bus. I should have checked with the hotel. It only runs during the day - you have to make special arrangements at other times (I was advised by the driver next morning that the Sofitel would have helped me as they are same company). Taxi fare was £16 which I thought was a total rip off. I paid about £3 for the genuine hotel shuttle the next morning.

The hotel was great, reception resolved a major problem with the room. I walked in to find a huge spider sitting on the bed. I grabbed a handy chap to come and remove it. When we got into the room it was not longer there - but there was no problem moving me to a different room. I wonder if cleaners found it????

I did not eat at the hotel. As a lone traveller I prefer to raid M and S food shops.

The lobby and coffee shop reminded me of a cruise ship.

By the number of flight personnel using the hotel, it seems to get the thumbs up from regular users. Certainly no airport noise, which has to be a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
5  Thank gibraltarr
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Thoroughly disapointed with customer service. Shuttle stops at 10pm and so as late returners we were left to our own devices and had to book a taxi to get back, not what you want after a long late flight i will not use these again. This wasnt made clear to us at booking stage and reception werent interested

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple