“Great start to our holiday”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Great start to our holiday”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As we live in Cornwall and were travelling to Athens from Gatwick, we decided to use a hotel near the airport to park while we were away and then stay overnight after our holiday before driving home again.
The Arora was superb right from the start. The directions were excellent, meaning we found it easily. Parking was really straight forward and it was great to park the car ourselves rather than hoping someone else would look after it.
Checking in was quick and efficient and the lady from the reception desk who showed us the way to the gate to the railway station was extremely friendly and chatty.
When we came home, fairly late at night, it was so easy catching the train back to the hotel from Gatwick Airport. Checking in for the room was again quick and efficient.
The rooms are very comfortable, airy and bright, and spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The entrance to the hotel looks very clean and modern but welcoming at the same time.
Overall, we were delighted with our experience at the Arora Hotel and as we often fly to Athens, will definately use this hotel again.
Well done to the whole team!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have great views of the countryside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie H
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted to hear that all the services you experienced during your stay with us were excellent. Your comments will be passed on to our team members which will serve as an encouragement to keep delivering the excellent service that we pride ourselves on.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Bruno Delrieux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was really impressed with the Arora Hotel.We stayed there recently before we went to America. Check in was quick, the staff were helpful and the rooms we booked were a good size. We walked into Crawley town center to eat in the evening, so I don't know what the restaurant was like but looked good. We were leaving our car there for two weeks.The car park is underground and this was good as there was a barrier and your car won't get cooked in the sun as it would in an open air car park.The train to the airport was ok but would probably get the transfer or a taxi when we stay again as it was a bit of a pain to lug your suitcases down to the platform and up and down the stairs to the other side. The train was only £2.40 each to Gatwick. i would definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it.

1 Thank Catherine C
Dear Guests,

We thank you for posting your positive comments about your experience at the Arora Gatwick Crawley Hotel.
We are delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and were pleased to hear that you found your room, facilities and parking package to your liking.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is dated and the beds are hard and seem to sink in! The chair in the room the same! I would try somewhere else in the future. The picture is deceiving. No pool here! Staff just pacifies you when you raise a concern. Very demeening. Would not stay here again.

3 Thank Marion S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are disappointed to read your review and can only apologise for the poor impression you have from your stay with us.

Should you wish to discuss any element of your stay in more detail then please do contact me directly at the hotel.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel and have to say it is a very smart Hotel with excellent rooms, parking facilities etc and has the potential to be a great Hotel!
However.... the staff are unfriendly, unwelcoming and completely uninterested in the Guests and Customer Service!
I was so disappointed, on arrival I was stood waiting for nearly fifteen minutes before someone came to check me in and then the receptionist that checked me in was absolutely awful... her name was Zaiga. Extremely miserable, unhelpful, unwelcoming and just rude!
In the bar areas the service is very slow and I was often (along with others) stood waiting at the bar for service for ten minutes or more every time!
Such a shame as first impressions when I walked in were "what a smart place", it all went rapidly down hill from there. The staff and the service make a great Hotel and in both these areas this Hotel certainly lacks and needs addressing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank HomeFarmCheshire
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. In particular, we are disappointed to read your comment regarding your experience at Reception. The team are all fully trained to deliver a high quality service to all of our guests and we do normally receive great feedback on their helpfulness and friendliness. We are sorry that this did not appear to shine through on this occasion and you have my assurance that the team have been given visibility of comments.

I would hope that sometime in the future you may provide us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an overall positive experience.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was asked for my credit card number for booking. At the time of checkout I have cleared all the amounts but still to get the amount refunded which were blocked by Arora staff. Its being more that 15 days I am waiting for the refund. The amont is 300GBP.

Again on my second stay they suppose to refund me 50GBP during my checkout settelment. They again asked for my card for refund and you won't believe instead of refund 60GBP again charged against my card. That amount also I am waiting for the refund.

The account team is very miss managed here. Upon sending e-mail for my refund I am only getting reply that I should have got my money refunded. Which doesn't make sense any way. I afraid , I may loose my money.

Very Very bad experience with this Hotel......... Please be carefull.

1 Thank Biswajit S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review.
I am led to believe that you have been in touch with the Hotel directly and they have informed you that the funds held on your account are pre authorisation and not a charge. Normally, pre authorisations made on debit cards can take up to 2 weeks to be released depending upon the banks.
Please do contact us directly at the Hotel if you require any further assistance and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed in a few hotels around Gatwick and as you might expect, they are quite geared up for all things avionic... apart from one thing, which I will come onto later.

We stayed here as we had an early morning flight to catch. Upon arrival, you get to part in the underground car park, which is very convenient apart from the fact that the only way up from the car park are some outside stairs. Not great if you have kids, luggage and bad weather (we had all three). Once at reception, we were greeted by a very pleasant member of staff and given the keys to the room. The room itself was entirely as expected, apart from the bathroom, which was absolutely spotless and equipped with a separate bath and shower. This was a real plus point for the hotel.

What let the experience down was that they stopped doing food at 10pm and all I could get was room service which consisted of either pizza or baguettes at around £12 a go. I would have thought that being an airport hotel, they would have catered for people a little more in the wee hours, so that was a bit of a surprise.

I got a really good deal on this place from APH so I'm certainly not complaining and I am likely to use it again if the price is right. I will just make sure that I make it in time to get something decent to eat next time!

3 Thank British_Tourist_21
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to hear that your overall experience was to your satisfaction and that you found our team to be so helpful and liked our parking package.
We have noted your comments regarding the room service menu and are in the process of introducing a new menu.
On a future visit to Crawley, we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here earlier this month for one night before flying out from Gatwick, we also parked our car here for the 10 nights we were on holiday!! We loved the safety of the car park (it is underground and has a barrier in and out). We would definitely recommend and use this hotel again, it is so close to the shops and we walked to a retail park of restaurants in around 20 mins. We took the shuttle to the airport and this was around £3.50 each so not expensive at all. On our return when we had landed at Gatwick I phoned the airport and they told me to get the train as there was no shuttle for over an hour! So we did and to be fair it couldn't have been easier, the train was again around £3 each and you walk right off the platform through a gate to the hotel! Perfect after a long flight. From our experience it was a brilliant hotel and we would stay here next time. :-)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Becky W
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review following your stay with us.
We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with all our facilities especially our car park arrangements.
We would like to thank for you for your recommendation and hope you welcome you back in the near future.