“Ok (ish)”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel to find parking a bit of a nightmare but get ho! Check in seemed to take ages! I had booked the "executive" room but am fairly sure I only got a twin though the receptionist said she just typed twin room onto the check in form to make sure I had two beds!

I was traveling with a client from work so needed two beds!

The room itself was very clean but a bit tired but I didn't mind too much as it was very clean and well presented!

We ordered room service at 1930 and it eventually arrived at 2300!! After making several calls to the restaurant. The burger my friend ordered was raw. I had chicken which was totally dry and over cooked!

I complained and the meal was removed from my bill

The stay was ok I wouldn't really want to stay again but if I had to at least I know to expect a rather bland service!

Oh the on site shop sold me rotten food do I would def steer clear of that

Very clean hotel needs a facelift avoid room service, the shop and the surly receptionists. For business ok but for fun no thank-you.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richandtoby
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction - please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. Your candid comments are however appreciated, as such feedback allows us to monitor our performance and take action to ensure that our expected high standards are continually being met.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and will ensure everything goes to your satisfaction.

Bruno Delrieux

Write a ReviewReviews (2,729)

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and couldn't fault it. Service, food and cleanliness standards faultless. Rooms were spacious and well equipped. Nice hotel in a convenient location for Gatwick airport. Would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank JoScott

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip advisor following your stay with us. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, so I therefore thank you for sharing your experience.
We will of course pass your comments onto our team members as this will serve as an encouragement to keep delivering the high levels of service we pride ourselves on.
I was delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and on a future visit to Crawley, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a nice hotel. 30 min train ride tolondon or Brighton and close to the airport. Staff is reasoby friendly. The hotel is clean but I've recently heard rumours of bed bugs. The beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable and I would bet have not been replaced in some time. It's like sleeping in a hammock that keep closing in all around you. Absolutely NO support.
I do like this hotel, but they MUST do somethjng about these horrible beds!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Playfair1
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of our hotel with Trip Advisor
We can confirm that we have not had any Bed bugs history issues in our Hotel. As an organisation we do approach any bed bugs allegations very seriously. Any allegation of affected rooms would closed for access, then professionally inspected by our pest control, external company and treated accordingly if necessary.
All our House keeping team have been trained to recognised bugs in case off any alert.
Please do contact us directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your feedback in detail.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Internet is ridiculously slow and if you order any food, be prepared to wait well over an hour. Good links to the airport but there are much nicer hotels at a similar price within 15 mins of Gatwick and Crawley

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.
We are really disappointed to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. We would like to confirm that we do offer chargeable high speed internet to our guests who prefer to watch videos or need faster connections. As per your comment regarding the food service, we would appreciate if you could contact our F&B Manager on MiguelDuarteSilva@arorainternational.com.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for long weekend, two nights, as the wedding reception was held here, and had a great overall experience. If you arrive by car drive up the slope past the car park entrance, drop off luggage etc at reception and then park in the underground car park. There is very limited car parking at reception level. from the basement car park there are unsheltered stairs up to reception level, or a walk up the slope from the car park entrance/exit.
The room keycard also works the lift upwards but is not needed when travelling down. During our stay both keycards failed and were promptly reprogrammed by reception, perhaps they were kept too close to car keys etc in a pocket. Reception was staffed by four people and all were efficient and well able to answer all the usual questions that I always ask when booking in.
The room and bathroom were very clean and tidy although the bed did dip in the middle, and on checking out I mentioned that the shower door seal was ineffective, I'm sure that this will be soon remedied.
The food in Captain Morgan bar was very tasty, quickly served, and hot, even though it is cooked in the Grill Restaurant kitchen. Buffet breakfast items were continually being replenished and we enjoyed everything that we ate.
The wedding reception was very good from start to finish, room size, plenty of room to move at tables, excellent food throughout, and photo opportunities on the large patio complete with large shower feature. I would certainly stay here again, and also encourage Bruno to answer the bad reviews.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommo47

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Trip Adviser following your stay with us; we really do appreciate it.

We are happy that you found our facilities and service to be outstanding. It will certainly give me great pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed in Arora on numerous occasions as they generally offer good value for a nights stay and airport parking. The room is comfortable with air conditioning if needed.

The airport transfer service is cheaper than a taxi (for couples) and the driver is friendly and cheerful.

The bar is reasonable for beer but very expensive for a glass of wine.

Crawley town centre is a short walk away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving your feedback.
We are delighted to hear that your stays are always satisfactory and that you are pleased with our convenient location and hospitality.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel was fine however 16.95 for a breakfast was more than excessive. Then to be charged £10 a night for parking as we were leaving having been told nothing of the charge was disgusting. When trying to use the gym facilities The "steam room" smelt like a public toilet and would have worked better had the steam come from one of the tiny kettles in the room, disappointed and feeling dirty from the flies and smell I tried the sauna only to find that it was unable to heat above 30 degrees. The jacuzzi would surely cure the disappointment but no... this was recently removed. Thankfully that was my last stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Martin M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to read that your stay was not satisfactory.
We would like to confirm that our breakfast prices start from £12.95 and are in line with our competition market. As per your comment about parking, we do charge parking for our Hotel guests and the charges are displayed in our car park and also on our website. We have noted your comments regarding our steam room and have passed on to our Health Club Manager.
We do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to regain your confidence with us.