I booked this hotel for one night for work with my partner via a web site, B and B, for a reasonable price executive double room. I was concerned when I arrived to see car parking for one night was charged at £10. as I was having to pay out and claim back, I didn't want to find hidden charges. I did question this at reception and they said they would look into it - the charge was waived.
We went to use the pool to find there wasn't one ( that could have been my mistake). The sauna burnt my feet on the bottom so if you plan to use it take shoes.
We then tried the steam room which was cold but discovered if you pressed the red button the steam could turn on, however while it was getting luke warm, I couldn't wait an hour for it to heat up sufficiently.
Don't book this hotel for the leisure facilities it simply isn't worth it.
We then got ready for dinner and decided to eat in the pub rather than the restaurant and we ordered at 20.02 a burger and the chicken strips with side order of garlic bread. at around 20.45 the nice bar man noticed me checking my watch and asked if we had eaten when I replied no he said he would chase it up.
A young girl then advised 5 minutes however setting the count down alarm on my phone showed it was 10. when the food arrived the cremated garlic bread was sent back to be replaced by a luke warm effort. We were presented with food just after 21.00.
The chicken strips were 3 dried up overcooked chewy nuggets, but as I had been on the go since 04.30 I just ate what I needed to fill a gap.
We were offered 50%of the bill and given cash back to 50% of the 2 main courses - I couldn't be bothered to argue further.
We then headed up to the room. but not without stopping at reception.
I spoke with the manager and he said as we had accepted cash back he couldn't do anymore ( it was then when he confirmed the car park charge was waived.) he did offer me free wi fi but we already had this although it was slow and i wasn't in the mood for playing on my computer.
All the reception staff were friendly and helpful.
So off to bed - well the mattress was not the most comfy, nor were the pillows. Only one glass in the room for us to share, still there were 2 cups so thats a bonus. In the morning I decided to make coffee - this was very limited in that for 2 people we had 3 sachets of coffee 3 milk and 2 tea bags thank goodness we didn't have coffee the night before too - No biscuits either! not even cheap nasty ones. If this is executive what will standard rooms provide ???
One bottle of shampoo and shower gel in the room, however I always take my own which is just as well, as it was not provided in the changing rooms for the gym etc. Nor are towels - you need to take the one from your room ( the one each which is provided).
The manager did offer me a good deal if I wished to return but considering how many hotels and B and B there are around Gatwick ( and I have stayed in quite a few as i travel there often) I think perhaps no to the Arora in the future.
On a positive note the breakfast was decent. Plenty of choice and edible, obviously a different cook than the one the previous night.
The sitting area in main lobby looked nice, but we didn't use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arora Hotel in Crawley is a modern hotel that offers a high quality accommodation in the town centre, with Gatwick airport just 10 minutes away. The hotel offers 432 en-suite bedrooms, an AA Rosette awarded Restaurant(The Grill), an English Pub and a 24 hour gym. In the expansive Atrium, WIFI is available free of charge as well as in the hotel rooms. Combine this with ample on-site car parking and superb train links to Brighton and London and you have the perfect base for your business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arora International Gatwick Crawley
- Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley West Sussex