“Fabulous service, convenient for airport”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Weymouth
“Fabulous service, convenient for airport”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked one night in a family room prior to an early Transatlantic holiday flight the next morning. This also included 14 nights secure parking at the hotel, during our holiday. Check in was swift and easy, with a full explanation of the airport shuttle bus service, should we require it. We chose this option, as they offered door-to-door service, rather than take the (conveniently located) train to Gatwick South, then mono rail to North.

The room was spotless and comfortable, all we needed. We were able to walk into Crawley, and dined at a local TGI Friday for our evening meal. We were taken to the airport at the arranged time in morning, with clear instructions on how to contact them for a pick up, after the return flight. Drivers were friendly and courteous. We were literally able to get straight in the mini bus after our inbound flight, which landed at 6.10am! So easy! The driver then took us straight to our car, and handed us the exit ticket for the car park. After a long, 9hr journey, this was so much appreciated.

The whole experience worked like clockwork, and made traveling so much easier. We would not hesitate to use this hotel and service again, should we need to. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sez809
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay at the Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley and that you found our staff to be helpful. We are glad to read that the whole experience worked like clockwork and made everything easy for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, prior to your next flight.

Bruno Delrieux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed for a night at the hotel on a business trip. I found the staff very kind and helpful. Our stay was very short but the staff in the restaurant made it very memorable. The food was excellent and we had a great conversation with Viktoria Labodi who also gave some infos for our sightseeing tour. Very professional, I must say! Looking forward to be back. In the meantime I highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular found the service from Viktoria to be excellent. We will of course pass your comments to her and the rest of the team.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,
uk
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night the reception was clean and tidy, the staff were friendly. We were on the 3rd floor with a view over the lobby area. The room was clean and tasteful the bathroom had a walk in shower and a bath. The towels were very thick and large. The only down side was the bed it was like sleeping on a trampoline. We're used to pocketed springs so you can't feel the other person turning. There was a fridge in the room which was a bonus and an ice machine in the hall. This hotel backs onto the railway, so I was expecting to hear the trains but to my surprise you couldn't really hear them. The only noise was a few guests being loud and a few doors slamming but on the whole I slept quite well. There were other facilities at the hotel that we didn't use like the gym and sauna but if we stay here again we would bring spots clothing so we could use them. I would recommend this hotel, they also had wifi which was free for limited speeds or you could pay for faster. I went with free as all I needed it for was receiving emails.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon A
Dear Guest,

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and we thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. We are pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and our facilities to your liking.

On a future visit to Crawley, I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

To be honest, we didn't really see much of what this hotel could offer. This was an overnight stay and a place to leave the car for a week, prior to an early morning flight to Tenerife. So I can't say how good the food or bar was, or what other services it offers. Basically though, if you turn up at 11.00pm you can get a good night's sleep; the hotel shuttle, which you have to book, is quick and efficient; and the car was well looked after!

All in all, it served a purpose excellently!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Guest feedback is very important to us, so we thank you for posting your review following your stay. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our parking package in particular to your liking.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel, when you are next in the area.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here as our son was playing cricket in Sussex. Location is very good as the back door of the hotel opens directly into Crawley Station making travel around very easy. Although this hotel is mainly for business visitors wishing to fly out from Gatwick it is a very good hotel to spend a few nights. The County mall nearby has good shops and decent variety of food options, although it closes down at 6pm. Not really much to do around the area later. Overall good hotel with friendly staff , nice food options and a great bar. Highly recommended. Most of the guests were cabin crew.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to read that your stay was satisfactory. We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the town and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Crawley.
Many thanks for your recommendation too and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again too very soon.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked this hotel for one night for work with my partner via a web site, B and B, for a reasonable price executive double room. I was concerned when I arrived to see car parking for one night was charged at £10. as I was having to pay out and claim back, I didn't want to find hidden charges. I did question this at reception and they said they would look into it - the charge was waived.

We went to use the pool to find there wasn't one ( that could have been my mistake). The sauna burnt my feet on the bottom so if you plan to use it take shoes.

We then tried the steam room which was cold but discovered if you pressed the red button the steam could turn on, however while it was getting luke warm, I couldn't wait an hour for it to heat up sufficiently.

Don't book this hotel for the leisure facilities it simply isn't worth it.

We then got ready for dinner and decided to eat in the pub rather than the restaurant and we ordered at 20.02 a burger and the chicken strips with side order of garlic bread. at around 20.45 the nice bar man noticed me checking my watch and asked if we had eaten when I replied no he said he would chase it up.

A young girl then advised 5 minutes however setting the count down alarm on my phone showed it was 10. when the food arrived the cremated garlic bread was sent back to be replaced by a luke warm effort. We were presented with food just after 21.00.

The chicken strips were 3 dried up overcooked chewy nuggets, but as I had been on the go since 04.30 I just ate what I needed to fill a gap.

We were offered 50%of the bill and given cash back to 50% of the 2 main courses - I couldn't be bothered to argue further.

We then headed up to the room. but not without stopping at reception.

I spoke with the manager and he said as we had accepted cash back he couldn't do anymore ( it was then when he confirmed the car park charge was waived.) he did offer me free wi fi but we already had this although it was slow and i wasn't in the mood for playing on my computer.

All the reception staff were friendly and helpful.

So off to bed - well the mattress was not the most comfy, nor were the pillows. Only one glass in the room for us to share, still there were 2 cups so thats a bonus. In the morning I decided to make coffee - this was very limited in that for 2 people we had 3 sachets of coffee 3 milk and 2 tea bags thank goodness we didn't have coffee the night before too - No biscuits either! not even cheap nasty ones. If this is executive what will standard rooms provide ???

One bottle of shampoo and shower gel in the room, however I always take my own which is just as well, as it was not provided in the changing rooms for the gym etc. Nor are towels - you need to take the one from your room ( the one each which is provided).

The manager did offer me a good deal if I wished to return but considering how many hotels and B and B there are around Gatwick ( and I have stayed in quite a few as i travel there often) I think perhaps no to the Arora in the future.

On a positive note the breakfast was decent. Plenty of choice and edible, obviously a different cook than the one the previous night.

The sitting area in main lobby looked nice, but we didn't use it.

Room Tip: if ours was executive I don't think I would like the standard
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle C
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
We would again like to apologies for the shortcomings you faced during your stay. As discussed with our F&B Manager, we would hope you would provide us with one last opportunity to regain your faith with us.
Please do contact our F&B Manager whenever you wish to return to our Hotel and we will ensure you have a great stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel looks great from the outside and also once you enter. The issue began once I got into my room.
I immediately ordered room service - a chicken burger ( advertised with caramelised onions and salsa mayonnaise). I waited approx 40 minutes to be delivered a bun, with 3 overcooked chicken nuggets, RAW ONIONS and no evidence of any salsa whatsoever. I complained and was told they were very sorry and could they replace the order. ... It would take 30 mins ! It actually took another 40 mins. Once it arrived , it was a chicken fillet, not a burger, with more RAW ONIONS and still no salsa ....

I then tried to use the built in iron and ironing board........ But the iron didn't work. I called reception to ask if someone could help ......... SOME TIME LATER...... A man arrived to agree that it was broken. I asked if they had a normal iron and ironing board and he said he would get me one ..... Which he did .....SOME TIME LATER. Once it was delivered I was astounded to see that the plug was almost falling apart .....totally dangerous !

The hotel is a nice hotel, but is run so poorly it is incredible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon W
Dear Guest,

It goes without any doubt to say we are very disappointed after reading your review and It would be most helpful if you could contact our F&B Manager on Miguelduartesilva@excelhospitality.co.uk with your contact details so we can discuss this matter in detail.