We have stayed at the Arora on several occasions in the past and have always found it to be an excellent hotel. We recently returned for two seperate nights and sadly seemed to have been those Unfortunate Guests for which things did not go right.
Let me say at the outset that the decor of the hotel and the staff are of excellent quality and on that basis we would recommend it to anyone. However, when we stayed here on Saturday (23 August) we were kept awake until after 1:00 a.m. by the music from a party in the hotel. To make matters worse our room (242) overlooked the railway line and we were woken at 6:00 a.m. by trains stopping at the nearby station. Having had a four hour trip around the M25 the day before this was not great!
We had booked to stay again on the Monday night (25 August) and anxious not to be woken quite so early on the Tuesday morning asked that we be allocated a room away from the railway. The Receptionist, Usman, could not have been more apologetic and more helpful and this request was duly noted and actioned.
Arriving on Monday at about 5:30 we were allocated a room (162) on the other side of the hotel but not the room that Usman had indicated as it was not ready. Initially the room seemed ideal but it was not until we turned in for the night and tried to sleep that we noticed an infuriating mechanical/electrical buzz that made sleep an impossibility. There comes a point where you try to block out this kind of noise and sleep through it but neither of us could do that. There also comes a point where its too late to change rooms so we persevered with a sleepless night.
These events have I'm afraid tarnished our view of the hotel and we will think twice about booking again in future.This sort of thing has not happened to us before and for this reason I feel that we have to down-rate the Good Review that we would have liked to have given.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arora Hotel in Crawley is a modern hotel that offers a high quality accommodation in the town centre, with Gatwick airport just 10 minutes away. The hotel offers 432 en-suite bedrooms, an AA Rosette awarded Restaurant(The Grill), an English Pub and a 24 hour gym. In the expansive Atrium, WIFI is available free of charge as well as in the hotel rooms. Combine this with ample on-site car parking and superb train links to Brighton and London and you have the perfect base for your business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arora International Gatwick Crawley
- Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley West Sussex