“Gets it right every time”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
“Gets it right every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel consistently hits the spot - friendly staff, comfortable rooms, good facilities etc. Dare I say it, also one of the few hotels in the area which still offers smoking rooms to outcasts such as myself - keep it up Arora!

Sadly the Morgan pub is not up to the same standard - a very bland, dull place - pretty much summing up Crawley itself.

I have, however, enjoyed the Italian restaurant in the past, but was disillusioned on this visit with the Holiday Extras £ 10 voucher offer; basically this comprised a very limited two-course menu, so I opted to pay £ 15 more for a la carte, only to find that unless you had a very expensive starter and main course, you actually lost out. Note to self: avoid voucher offers in future, as the restaurant is a very nice place to dine (again a rarity in Crawley)

My only other misgiving with the restaurant is that children of any age appear to be tolerated regardless of the time (or their behaviour). Please give us adult guests a break - after all, if you're travelling, it's almost guaranteed that at least one grizzling, screaming child - plus benevolent parents - will conspire to ruin your flight the following day (if airport security has not already done so), so at least let the previous evening be enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank KentBaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
st albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

|i always stay this hotel before i go on holiday and I love it.
The staff are friendly and very helpful.
The rooms are clean
The room service is fast and nice
The pub is good.

All in all has everything you need for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

The Arora International Gatwick has exceeded our expectations. Due to a flight cancellation we had to overnight near the airport and a Tripadvisor Forum led us to this hotel. An affordable booking through Bookings.com has provided us with a great place to sleep, first class amenities, good food and a shuttle back to Gatwick. Ask at Reception for vouchers for free WiFi in the courtyard.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TwoCanucks
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

Booked overnight stay with parking as had an early morning flight.
Found hotel to be very lovely, more than I had expected as only paid £160 for 3 double rooms and 16 days parking so very pleased with it, Check in was very fast, loby area was very spacious and grand. Rooms were clean & spacious with very comfy beds.
We ate in the hotel bar (cant remember the name but not the resaurant part) meals averaged at about £11 each for burger, fish and chips etc, we all had different meals and all were very nice. compared to hotels I have stayed at in Heathrow for similar prices his one was far better. Would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank DONNYDIVA79
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

Only stayed for one night on business, but found the hotel to be everything I needed. Its close proximity to Crawley Train Station and the local shopping mall made its location perfect for my needs. It is a very large, modern, impressive hotel both inside and out. The lobby area is very spacious and check-in was smooth and without a wait. The room was a good size, with a comfortable bed and good power shower. I didn't experience any noise from other guests, and had a good night's sleep. There is a snack bar and shop on site and I ate in the Italian restaurant. Although the service was very friendly and attentive, the food was fairly average and quite expensive when the bill arrived. The buffet breakfast was quite good, and there was no shortage of tables or any queuing when I arrived. All in all a good night's stay and I would definitely use this hotel again if I have reason to travel to Crawley on business in the future.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette C
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

We booked an overnight stay, parking for 8 days and the meet and greet service direct with the hotel which saved us £5 compared to the internet companies. We also made a saving on transfer to the airport as a complementary taxi was included in the price.
We didn't get chance to see much of the hotel as we arrived late in the evening and left early hours but from what we saw, the hotel is very impressive. The reception staff were very friendly and check in and out quick and efficient. Next to my own, the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and I had a good night's sleep. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable and very clean and modern. The bathroom was spotless and the power shower was just what was needed to wake you up in the morning.
We stayed in the hotel restuarant for dinner as the weather was bad and it was late. The food was what is expected from a good italian restuarant but pricey, especially the wine - a staggering £4.50 per glass!!!!
I'd definately stay in this hotel again but next time will try and arrive earlier and take advantage of the hotel facilities.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jules163
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

This is the second time that I have stayed at the Arora International this year (first time was in May.) And my stay was just as good as the first time.

This time I had booked the meet & greet car parking package which meant I would have to leave my car at the hotel overnight with the key & it would be collected in the morning. I was a bit worried about this as I had never done it before, but I would totally do it again as it was so conveinient when arriving back into Gatwick.

Upon check-in I booked my transfer from the hotel to the airport for the morning - £2.50 each per person each. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get to Gatwick as a taxi one way cost roughly £12.

I would totally recommend booking this hotel, and will definatly be booking again for my next holiday :)

Any questions email me.