“GREAT HOTEL GREAT BEDS”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
glenrothes
“GREAT HOTEL GREAT BEDS”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

If you have a back problem stay at Ibis hotels , the beds are really comfortable and supportive unlike egTravel lodge or Premier Inn etc
The rooms are compact but have all you need inclucing powerful ,large showersand are spotlessly clean.
The staff are always very helpful. I always stay at Ibis if possible here or abroad and hope they expand their locations even more.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis London Gatwick Airport again very soon. Kind regards,
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We needed something cheap and close to Gatwick for an early flight next day and this was perfectly adequate. The rooms were small but well appointed and the beds were comfortable enough for a good sleep. The cafe is OK for breakfast and snacks, and overall the place is clean and efficiently run. The location is great for quick and easy access to the terminal - all you want in a budget airport hotel really. But I have no idea how the average car manages to get into the tiny two-level car park. we had to shuffle backwards and forwards to get a smallish estate around the tight corners, so I have not idea how some of the large 4WDs managed it, and the spaces are equally tiny.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Dear guest,
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis London Gatwick Airport very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We booked two rooms at the bargain price of £29. At that price, there isn't much room for complaining - and I will tone my review accordingly.

The hotel is easy to find and is very close to Gatwick Airport:

1. Arrival
This was the worst part. We arrived at about 7:30pm and the very small car park was completely full. For a modern hotel, to have only about 50 car parking spaces for 141 rooms is mind boggling. One wonders how they offer "Park and Fly" promotions!
The front desk simply shrugged and said there was nothing they could do. Luckily, the couple who checked in ahead of me took pity and allowed me to park in a blocked space (as they were leaving early in the morning). If not for this I have no idea what we would have done. To not be prepared for this situation when limited parking is a known issue is inexcusable. To top it off, the "upper deck" car park is a joke - I drive a BMW 3 series which is not huge, and it would have been almost impossible to get around the bend up the ramp without scraping the wall (which I saw many had done).

2. The Room:
The room appeared to be the same as every other Ibis I have stayed at, basic but relativley fresh and modern-ish decor. No complaints there. The bathroom was relativley clean and the shower had good pressure. However the mattress was completely worn in the middle and was very uncomfortable (almost a U shape). It was obvious even before I took off the duvet. I thought of complaining but as my parents were staying in the next room I didn't want to complain and did manage to sleep after a bit. The room was quiet and I wasn't awoken for anything but my aching back a couple of times.

3. The communal areas:
They are OK but could do with some TLC. Especially the lifts and lift lobbies on the floors - they are very worn and look dark and shabby.

4. The breakfast:
Second biggest disappointment. The breakfast assortment was truly depressing, with poor quality fruit, packaged pastries, small croissants and warm milk for cereal. Not at all worth the money, would have been much better going to McDonalds.

5. Overall:
This was not a satisfying stay, despite the bargain price. I would have rather paid double to get reliable Premier Inn type quality. However all the faults I have listed are easily fixable at minimal cost, and I do hope that the management will take these into consideration.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed. I am personally looking into this and if you’d like to contact me, feel free to email me on H1889-GM@accor.com.
Nice, France
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Very happy that we have chosed this place. Staff is nice. The only thing missing was the hair dryer in the room. And the shuttle could be free.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
We at the Ibis London Gatwick Airport very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
toronto, on
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Great stay. Staff was helpful, however, i was almost charged for an extra £18 b/c of price differs????? Showed the man at the service desk my receipt and proof for the price that I was quoted by booking.com and my receipt for £100 I paid in advanced. The man was curtious and will fix the problem. The other issue I had was the mattress, THIN and HARD as a sheet made of steels. Other than those 2 issues, I must say that it was an excellent short stay, will not recommend more than 3-4 days of stay b/c of the mattress issue.
I will recommend for young traveller on a budget, or business people who are seeking for cheap decent hotel to stay in. NOT for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed May 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 May 2011

the only negative was the snack menu i asked for a pizza and a bowl of chips they cooked the pizza alright but didnt get any chips because it was on their restaurant menu which they had stopped serving about 10 minutes before i ordered the pizza

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Dear guest,
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2011

For a short stay, which I guess would be the reason for staying by Gatwick, the Ibis hotel is excellent.

It is quiet and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is very clean with excellent large showers.

Plus, if you book online you can usually get it for a very good price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,