“Good stay”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Comfortable, clean, friendly, good value and convenient! The continental breakfast was very tasty and very good value for money. Didn't try the evening meals as we arrived at 1am! Will definitely use this hotel again when flying in or out of LGW.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis London Gatwick Airport very soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

checked in, confirmed that the clock would be changed back 1 hour during the night. the guy said 'don't worry...we 'll give you an alarm call". sceptic that I am I decided to play safe and put on my phone alarm. woke up at 4 in good time for my plane. but NO ALARM from hotel side...checking out I said I missed the alarm call...reply from a 'couldn't care less young man' was...no alarm!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here with my partner before we went on holidays. Let's just say it wasn't exactly the beat start to our holiday. Firstly it was £3 each one way on the bus and the drive was so rude!! However, got us to the hotel (if u can call it that) it was like a prison in the room the bed was hottific so uncomfortable. Had the worst sleep ever, receptionist was okay. I wouldn't stay here again id rather spend an extra few quid and stay In a better hotel closer to the airport. In fact it would be more or less the same price when u pay for the casttle shuttle!

• Stayed: September 2011

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Ibis London Gatwick Airport. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter. I hope we can welcome you back for a future stay and demonstrate a better experience to you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I have stayed at this Ibis on numerous occasions over more than two years due to its location close to a client. On the plus side I have always found all of the staff over that time to be genuinely friendly and helpful, not just trotting out the corporate script. For a budget hotel it is clean enough, beds comfortable enough and rooms quiet enough (but do ask to stay on he non-road side if you are a light sleeper). However, there has always been a problem which remains unfixed - the plumbing stinks! Same in may different rooms - (could be the way the basin overflow traps stagnant water). Worse on some days than others - but if you have a sensitive nose you may want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My pregnant wife and I had the privilege to travel throughout England for a month. With so many things we accumulated during our trip, we decided to stay near the airport and not ask family nor friends for a ride in the morning and really did not want to carry everything myself. I found the staff very friendly and the shuttle service (2 pounds each) was on schedule and stress free. Rooms were very clean and the AC worked like an ice box.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis London Gatwick Airport.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We chose the Gatwick Ibis for it's convenient location and ease of access to the Airport.
We were on an early morning departure and needed to be at North Terminal by 4.30am.
From the moment we booked in the previous afternoon, the staff could not have been more helpful. They fully understood our needs and answered questions with confidence.
We took a light meal in the Restaurant the evening before. It was tasty, politely served by the waitress and reasonably priced for what we wanted.
Our room was exceptionally clean and the bed comfortable. We slept well. An early morning call was arranged.
This hotel is ideal for a stop-over prior to catching a flight or a local place to sleep when arriving late back in UK.
We used their overnight parking facility prior to booking into the airport 'Long Stay.'
I am sure we shall use the Gatwick Ibis again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis London Gatwick Airport.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed for one night prior to a flight out of Gatwick. The hotel shuttle bus runs to the airport and is efficient - it takes about 15 minutes. Check in was easy and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was small and standard, but absolutely fine for a 1 night stay. We ate a meal in the bar and the food was good and the service was good too. would recommend

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.