“Very clean, modern and comfortable...”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here last night and the room was very clean, modern, and comfortable with friendly staff. The hotel was very easy to find (my navigation skills are not the best), with room facilities (kettle, tv and wifi) all available. A functional, practical and pleasant hotel with a great hotel bed. Just a minor problem with the car park though, in order to enter, you have to go into reception to alert hotel staff to raise the barrier, a working intercom would been better. Most definitely would return to this chain of hotel and overall I was impressed with it's value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I took note on your comments regarding our car park barrier and passed it on to the relevant department for investigation as it should be working automatically.

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Reviewed 6 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank shahzadlaghari
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013

And it's bigger than an Astra, I got my Honda crv up to the top floor and parked without any issue at 230am last week. And I'm not blessed with brilliant parking skills ;0) in seriousness, parking isn't the easiest at the hotel but its not the worst I've seen either.

We paid peanuts for our room but got the comfiest bed I've ever experienced anywhere in the world. I was so far past sleep when we arrived after a long flight that I expected to lie awake all might but was out in seconds. The room was cool, quiet and incredible value for money. We were on the 5th floor and you wouldn't have known you were anywhere near an airport.

No issues with the bathroom, it was clean and had a good shower. The kettle and drinks sachets were very welcome in the morning.
Will look for this brand of hotel in future, for the brilliant price and bed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Suzanne461
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Arrived at midnight to find NO parking spaces and our car , only family sized Astra too big to take the turn to the upper car park where there was no room anyway after 15 mins to get the turn to go up the slope . Finally I went in to reception and the male receptionist came out and told my husband to park in front of the fire escape for which he wouldn't charge us since there was no "Proper" space available . I thought this was against Health and Safety policy ? .
Our room was small with a "pod" bathroom which is a personal hate of mine but it was very clean but had poor drainage so you paddled after using the shower to go to the loo. The air conditioning was great given it was the hottest day of the year and we had spent 6 hours on the M6. The bed was very comfortable, a good size, very clean but only one spare pillow. Breakfast was just AWFUL , don't waste your money there is a lovely Tesco express across the road that does better food and coffee. None of the hot breakfast had been refilled, the baked beans had the beans missing. The toaster was out of order and the coffee machine was being "refilled" for the whole half hour we spent there which was how we found the Tesco Express. When we checked out we were asked to pay for our parking which we refused and this took some explaining to the man on reception as English was not his first language.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed one night in advance of an early morning flight. We travelled in the hotlel's minibus from the airport, the trip takes about 10 minutes, it costs £3 per person and runs every 30 minutes.

We arrived quite late and were checked in quickly and efficiently. As the restaurant was closing we went to eat straight away. The restaurant and reception area is very brightly lit and totally lacks atmosphere of any description. Service was slow and the servers did not speak very good English. However the food was fine and good value.

Rooms are standard Ibis, minimalist with very small bathrooms and no toiletries. However the rooms were very clean and comfortable and quiet, we slept well. Our wake up call was on time and made by a receptionist, not a machine. The minibus was on time to take us back to the airport.

Overall a very good value choice as we only paid £29 per room, for a simple overnight stay at Gatwick.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here, like most guests probably, between an evening arrival and a morning departure from Gatwick Airport. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is a typical Ibis but staff was very charming throughout, which is not always the case. The room was impeccably clean and quiet. It also had a window that you could open, which I find an advantage. The bus shuttle to the airport ran perfectly on time and took about 5 minutes. The hotel also recently introduced free Wifi, which I find should be an industry standard these days. Another plus! I would definitely recommend this hotel and come back to stay here anytime.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo