“The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in !”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Moscow, Russia
“The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in !”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a really great low cost hotel if you need to stay in transit to fly out early the next day.
The cleanliness is amazing. My room was very comfortable and almost like new.
For tourists who want to just spend their days rather than nights in London this would serve as a good base. The low cost and the daily travel card from Gatwick would still be much cheaper than the very expensive hotels in London, just a thought.
There is a bus stop just across the road from the hotel 2 pounds to Gatwick.

Room Tip: Very good transit hotel but maybe even a low cost base. Ask for a room at the back as there is road...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed here before without any problems, the main problem is that the hotel LOCK THE MAIN DOOR FIRE ESCAPE at night, i checked out at 03.30 due to a very early flight, the hotel is also too hot, the receptionist on duty left a lot to be desired.I have contacted the Ibis about these problems but they have not bothered to respond.
Lots of other hotels in the area use of these it may save your life.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We already investigated your claim and I will investigate personnally to find out why we did not come back to you on this issue.

We apologize again for the experience encountered and can assure you that it does not reflect the normal high standards of service we provide.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

we stayed overnight pre and post holiday before returning to Guernsey
we got a transfer there and back both trips at £3 each way, lovely comfy mini bus
room was adequate, lovely bed, fantastic shower and friendly staff, they even suggested we buy the wine we wanted in Tescos as they didn't have any thing we were looking for!
ideal for overnight stay, good value

Room Tip: choose a room away from roadside
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 October 2013

Holetown, Barbados
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having booked the dates I wanted I found I no longer needed the stay as my costly emigration had fallen through so my flight, train, hotel etc was now looking wasted.
All parties arranged refunds.....except the Ibis who refused with some force. Despite giving 6 weeks notice which is ample time to re-sell the room they refused. There was zero attempt made to compromise they just refused bluntly with every request..."no", "no", "no" is all they ever said. The communications received (which were many) offered no desire to assist and only served the purpose in refusing my request. I know that for some, this will be seen as acceptable - every situation always has it's supporters and opposition - however this was important and a huge amount of money to someone who had just effectively lost thousands and Ibis displayed what most companies these days do - corporate greed with no customer service. Just a greedy company quoting company policy to keep the hard earned money of those who actually do something to make it in the first instance. Pure greed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 490888
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your booking with ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I would like to reconfirm that we applied respectfully our sales and conditions when it comes to special offers and prepaid bookings. I invite you to book the flexible rate which gives you the liberty to cancel free of charge up to the day of your stay. Our website does offer up to 5 rates packages with multiple choice of prepaid or flexible rates.
I can confirm that I took your comments seriously and I will passed it on the relevant department.

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very clean and comfortable rooms and bed. Staff very efficient and courteous. No room service but can order meals 24/7 and take to room if required, or eat in the cafe. Good shuttle bus service. I had the piri piri chicken and salad which came with chips. Very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 30 September 2013

New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Arrived by train and found it confusing to find the shuttle to the hotel, more a weakness of Gatwick Airport signs than the hotel and ended up taking local bus which involved a long walk and a flight of stairs. The Hotel itself had helpful staff, good and easy check in, room was small but adequete for an overnight stay. Clean, quiet room , comfortable bed, tea making facility, excellent shower and free WiFi plus a rural view. Restaurant had a limited but reasonable menu and good house wine. Was only 6 mins to the Gatwick south terminal by shuttle which cost 3 pounds, so no worries about getting late to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2013