“Perfect start to the honeymoon!”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfect start to the honeymoon!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here on the 10th November, as we were flying out early the next morning from Gatwick.
We arrived and went through the barriers and parked up. Check in was easy and the woman behind the desk was very nice and very helpful. I wasn't however impressed to learn that we would have to pay £5 per night to park at the hotel. I understand that this is close to the airport and people could take advantage but you need a code to get back out the carpark. I feel if you are staying there one night, that is a bit cheeky.
This hotel was cheaply priced, suitable for our needs.
The food we had there was nice. Minimal choice, but there are choices to cover everyone. Food was quick and cooked properly. Was then able to take a drink up to our hotel room.
Check out was easy, and we used the code to get out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I took note on your comments regarding our car park fees and can assure you that we are one of the cheaper one in the area ( charging in average from £15 to £25 a night). I passed it on to the relevant department for future improvement.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Used the Ibis Gatwick before two early flights in October to avoid a hectic dash to the airport for 7am. An excellent call on both occasions as I was able to spend a relaxed and productive evening ahead of my flight and have that all important extra hour in bed the following morning - a bed which I might add was the most comfortable I've slept in in a long while. My room was simple, comfy, well laid out and had free internet, the restaurant was well priced and offered a good selection (which you can have on a tray to take upstairs), the staff were helpful and friendly (e.g. happy for me to email them my boarding pass to print out), and the shuttle service was bang on time - what more to ask for?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank David T
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2013

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After spending two weeks in a very hot climate, (26*) arriving back in the Uk was a shock to the system as it was 4*. We got a taxi in minutes who took us straight to the Ibis, which I do admit was further from the airport that I thought it was. It was gone midnight, the staff were friendly and the place was warm. We had already booked the room on line so the was little to do to check in. The receptionist told us when breakfast was and arranged for a shuttle bus to take us back to gatwick the following day so we could get a train home. The rooms are basic but soooo comfortable. The morning view over the downs was lovely. There was an excellent selection of hot and cold food for breakfast. My only complaint is with the toilet/shower pod as the shower tends to flood the floor, but this happens at all ibis hotel with this design of pod and the shower/hair wash dispenser is really hard to squash! Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

I took note on your comment regarding our shower pod designa nd the soap dispenser and passed them on to the relevant department for future improvement.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Rooms are equipped with all we needed just for one night sleep incl. hair dryer, kettle, powerful shower etc (ok, even better if slippers were supplied). Budget hotels are all pretty small, but we found this one very clean and cosy. Beds are comfortable with thick duvets, rooms are very quiet, although we didn't sleep much (because of the jetlag) but did not hear any noise outside. Only 5 mins walk to supermarket, 15 mins to the airport by the hotel shuttle (at a fee) . We are very satisfied customers considering the price we paid. Did not try bkf as need to catch very early flight out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Good stop for early flight to Amsterdam. Clean and comfortable room, even more comfortable bed. No independent restaurants in area, so had to eat in. Menu limited but ok. Beer was cold.. Bus transfer from and to Gatwick airport took 30 min. Should have had breakfast at ibis before we left, compared to what we paid at Gatwick. Live and learn!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed one night at Ibis Gatwick, and was very pleased with the experience. If you have stayed at one Ibis hotel, you have stayed at them all… The rooms are all the same; basic, clean and with no extra fuss. But do you really need anything more from an airport hotel? The bed was comfortable, everything worked fine and you could not hear much from the airport even if you opened your window. If you are a visitor to the UK, the receptionist will lend you an adapter for charging electronic devices.

The price I paid was unbeatable at £22, not including breakfast. The breakfast was very basic from what I could see (and it is right in the reception area), and not worth the price. There is a small (but adequate) Tesco two minutes’ walk from the hotel. When you walk out from the main entrance, turn left and walk up to the traffic lights. Cross the street and walk down the stairs – and you are there =) If you are coming from the airport I found it easier to buy some snacks and sandwiches from the Marks&Spencers at the airport.

It is possible to take a shuttle bus to and from the airport, for £3 each way. It runs frequently from the hotel transfer bus terminal, and is easy to locate. The trip takes about 10 minutes, maybe 15 if a lot of people are getting off at different hotels. Remember to sign up for the shuttle when you are checking in at the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers needing to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank TheSuitcase
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments our breakfast and passed it on to my Food and Beverage Manager for future improvement.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 14 November 2013

10 minutes bus ride from the airport. Rooms are small but cozy. View from my window was really nice. Lots of trees and a meadow, with a plane landed off the distance every 5 minutes. Some shopping walking distance and restaurants available with a short cab ride. The hotel has a small cafe if you don't want to go out as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple