“Second time visit”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Benalmádena, Andalucia, Spain
“Second time visit”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is our second stop over in the Ibis and the rooms have been renovated and are very nice clean and comfortable, the bar/restaurant is very nice and quite reasonably priced,we booked the transfer bus for early morning and it was prompt and got us to the airport quickly and safely, would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy M
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk.England
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Like most others early morning flight and with a three hour drive cannot guarantee actually getting to Gatwick without sitting in traffic for two hours (present road works causing up to two hours delay near Dartford !!) Didn't arrive until 12midnight but staff very accommodating, room excellent size, clean with all you need ( tea/coffee, iron etc) lovely large shower, plenty of extra pillows if needed, restaurant seems to be open 24 hours which is a bonus, 'Tesco' (open 7am-11pm) less than five minute walk if suddenly forgotten something ! The only negative comment I would make is that parking on the lower car park gets fast taken and to get to the top floor of the car park is a bit 'tight' not sure I would want to try it in a large car ( we were in VW golf estate and that was a large enough car to get up there !) Would definitely use this hotel again,we booked park and stay ,car park (airparks) just five mins away from hotel. Would recommend. Thank you Ibis

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ange55
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding our car park upper floor and passed it on to the relevant department for future improvement.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Firstly, I was lied to in an email with the hotel. I was told transfers to and from the airport were free, and then was surprised to be confronted by a man on their bus asking for a £3 single. The poor man couldn't even count because he handed me back £8 change from a tenner. I then got to the hotel and was ignored by the staff at check-in due to a rowdy coach load of intoxicated Italian travellers checking in at the same time but I can't really blame them for that. The check in process was extremely quick and efficient once they realised I had nothing to do with the Italians. I asked the receptionist when check-out was, she said 11am. I had to check in for my flight at 10am but I know it varies from hotel to hotel, as others check-out at 10am, so I asked.

The room was really clean, the towels were fresh, and the bed was turned down. I then left my stuff in the room and went to the bar/restaurant downstairs. The staff were slightly busy, which led to them being quite abrupt, rude, and snappy. The manager, a rather large blonde lady, with an Eastern European accent, didn't hide her huge sigh when I presented her payment with my card, snapping at me to enter my pin, and snatching the chip and pin device off me. It quashed my appetite and I left back for my room.

The next day, I was stood in my room, all dressed, cases at the ready, when I hear someone try and swipe their card to get in. They do it several more times before they give up and knock on the door. I answer to find the cleaner stood there, appliances in hand, wanting to clean the room. Her exact words to me were: "When are you leaving? This room needs to be cleaned for the next arrivals." I told her check out wasn't till 11am, but I planned leave after 9. She huffed and walked away. Never have I ever been asked when I'm leaving a hotel. I mean, you wouldn't ask a paying customer when they plan to leave your restaurant because you need their table.

Overall, it was a poor stay. If it wasn't for the staff I'd have given it a "very good".

Room Tip: Avoid rooms around the elevators, they attract a lot of traffic, all times of the night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.