Ibis London Gatwick Airport
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
2,276 results
All reviewsgatwick airportone nighttesco expressshuttle servicebus stopan early flightnext morningshower rooman overnight staypurple parkingcomfortable bedexcellent valueshort staywake up callreception stafftea and coffeegood nights sleep
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked this via Accorhotels and so thought we had a good deal at 30pounds. Is a good hotel, however, located at an inconvenient location. At a price point, there are a few hotels to choose from at Gatwick ranging from budget to luxury. My advise is to really consider location and not price, especially if catching a very early flight.
Pros
- Good sized room with heating and hot showers
- Kettle for coffee
- Comfortable bed
- Free and speedy wifi
- No complaints about the room which was adequate for needs
Cons
- The too far away location for an early morning flight meant having to get up too early to catch an early bus (despite bag drop off the day before)
- Long wait for check in with only one lady having to deal with 6 people at one go.
- the bus driver didn't explain the timings to and fro (which should be displayed clearly on the bus) as we heard some people complain that they had bought a return ticket when there was no bus for the time they required it for.
As we had just gotten of a 12 hour flight, taken a wild but cheap (5pounds one way for two) ride on an EasyBus, we were worse for wear. We also found that we had to wait another 30minutes for the bus to take us to the hotel, which is another 10minute journey, which worked out to 12pounds for the return journey. All in, it cost us 42pounds. In hindsight, seeing that we needed a place for an overnight stop to catch an early 6am flight to Zurich, we should have stayed on site within walking distance either at the North or South Terminal. I also found 49pound rooms at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way), which is apparently just across from the North Terminal with a shuttle to the South Terminal. This would have bought us some precious time, as we arrived very tired in Zurich. However, if you are catching a later flight, then this will not be the issue. But do factor in the price of the bus when booking online. Next round will look at the convenience rather than the cost. Perhaps there should also be a free/subsidized shuttle service by the hotel/airport as we are paying and using the services all around.

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of an overnight stop for the family coming back into the UK, where the arrival time was late in the evening. I would not stay here again. The room, though clean and relatively modern in style (like all Ibis hotels) was freezing cold - the floor, the walls, and the drafts from under the edge of the hanging space (room had no wardrobe). All areas of the room had drafts of very cold air from outside - it was a very cold night outside but i had not expected the same inside. The old and poor quality hot air fan on the wall was wholly inadequate for the purpose to heat up the room, even on full blast at a supposedly 30 degrees setting. The wall fan was also very noisy. In the end, we woke up very early in the unpleasant atmosphere and decided to pack up and drive home, rather negating the relaxed recharge that I had originally planned. I have stayed at other Ibis hotels overseas and they were fine,but never before in the UK, and this was a very different experience.

I was also underwhelmed by the reception staff and overall level of service. Not very friendly or welcoming at all - given that I am a Platinum Accor Hotels member, I thought that my brand loyalty might mean somehting, but very much an attitude of "couldn't really care". Overall, very unimpressed indeed. Will avoid this brand in the UK in future as it seems to be unable to combine budget with value and comfort, at least not in my direct experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest,

I passed on your comments regarding our air cooling system to my Maintenance engineer to investigate as no others complaints were received during this period.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed for one night due to an early flight at Gatwick the next day. The hopper bus service was fairly efficient and we had plenty of time to check in.
The room was small but efficient enough. The shower was lovely but shame about the weird doors (water went underneath them and sprayed out through the handle).
There is a small cafe on site and the food is acceptable but nothing special. Fine if you are starving!
We noticed a premier inn right outside the North Terminal and would probably stay there next time. The ibis is fine if you are not in a rush and have plenty of time to get to your flight.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is our second stop over in the Ibis and the rooms have been renovated and are very nice clean and comfortable, the bar/restaurant is very nice and quite reasonably priced,we booked the transfer bus for early morning and it was prompt and got us to the airport quickly and safely, would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Wendy M

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Like most others early morning flight and with a three hour drive cannot guarantee actually getting to Gatwick without sitting in traffic for two hours (present road works causing up to two hours delay near Dartford !!) Didn't arrive until 12midnight but staff very accommodating, room excellent size, clean with all you need ( tea/coffee, iron etc) lovely large shower, plenty of extra pillows if needed, restaurant seems to be open 24 hours which is a bonus, 'Tesco' (open 7am-11pm) less than five minute walk if suddenly forgotten something ! The only negative comment I would make is that parking on the lower car park gets fast taken and to get to the top floor of the car park is a bit 'tight' not sure I would want to try it in a large car ( we were in VW golf estate and that was a large enough car to get up there !) Would definitely use this hotel again,we booked park and stay ,car park (airparks) just five mins away from hotel. Would recommend. Thank you Ibis

1  Thank ange55

Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding our car park upper floor and passed it on to the relevant department for future improvement.