“3rd visit - Excellent”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“3rd visit - Excellent”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Our third visit and once again everything was excellent.

Arrived at 9pm after a VERY long day and flight into Gatwick. A short bus (£3perperson).

Friendly staff and a warm welcome. Had food in the bar which was well pricef and very tasty.

Nice quiet and comfy room. Good nights sleep and a hot shower.

Hope to have a 4th visit soob !!

Keep up the good work...

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Choose a room on the top floor if you are staying here for business, otherwise you may be woken at 4am by people leaving for early flights. This, and the too-expensive food are what stop me giving this highest score (although you can take meals up to your room and eat with your feet up, which is good). The beds are the best I have found-like sleeping on a cloud and the shower is excellent. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My partner and I arrived to the ibis hotel on December 23rd as a convenience stop to get to Gatwick airport to fly on Christmas Eve. We checked in (at great difficulty - communication barrier) and registered my car there as a long stay (at a reasonable price of £5 per night) to return January 8th. We were given a slip to place in the windscreen, in return for our registration form & a signature to agree to their T&C's.
When we returned to the UK, we went to the hotel to pick up the car & key. We were told my the member of staff on front desk that it wasn't their policy to take the key, they only take responsibility for the long stay of the vehicles. Confused, we double checked our bags, however adamant I handed the key over to the member of staff on our departure (vivid memory of it being very strange that they had requested the key) we persisted that the staff would check all bases that their was no key. They proceeded to check the top draw at the desk, and the safe, from that they were certain they didn't have the key. After an hour of asking, also asking to check lost property numerous times, we were told if they had any key it would be on the system, sorry they had nothing.
Knowing this, we began to doubt ourselves (after a day if travelling) The cost of a lock smith was £150, the cost to have a window replaced around £50-£70. As the cheaper option, we smashed a window to get into the boot, as the morning we left, my partner had ran out to put some clothes in the car while I returned the room key - other than reception it was the only place the key could be. No key.
The cost of a replacement key was £180 - having no other option (6 hours journey from home) we made an appointment for call out 9am the following morning.
After a long haul flight (13 hours) we were exhausted, we had to book a room, another £73 down the pan.
The following morning, I had no doubt in my mind we handed over the key before we left. With different staff on, I asked again. This particular man was very helpful and asked more questions himself than between the four staff that were on the previous night. He radioed through to another department, the key was found straight away.
A girl behind the desk (who we recognised from the 23rd) asked questions about the member of staff we believed to have taken the key, she pin picked the individual down to the name & was very quick to put blame onto her, repeating the absent member of staffs name several times to her manager. She was very apologetic. Obviously I was furious, we'd spent unnecessary money & as a result of their incompetence, I now had a smashed window on a vehicle I had owned two months, this was a mere 10 minutes before I paid another £180 for a replacement key!!!!
I asked for a refund of the room & her attitude changed. It was then the case that the key was found in our room (blame being placed on us) which was then placed in LOST PROPERTY
My car is NOT central locking, so he needed to lock the car before we left (after he'd put the clothes in the car) we didn't return to the room.
The key was labelled with MY NAME, ROOM NUMBER & THE DATE WE STAYED. Due to their disgusting customer service (being unable to finish my sentence, being spoken over & basically refusing to listen) we left, leaving our telephone number & email, waiting on a result of their CCTV.
The truth to the incident is still unknown (they haven't treated the situation with any urgency) however, if fault of theirs or our own - my car was registered there, they were aware of the pick up date, they knew which name & room number the key came under (along with the registration plate of the car) WHY!? wasn't it written on the system??? & the key not ready & waiting - absolutely shocking.
Their attitudes were absolutely disgusting & I have never been treated in such a way. Had the staff fulfilled their roles to the standard they should have done, it would have saved a lot of time, money & upset. Their internal communication levels are absolutely abysmal!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room at the front of the building - high traffic levels
1 Thank Ronson1
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I would like as well to reiterate that our long car park stay is clear that we do not keep any car keys for security reasons. The investigation carried out was conclusive that the car key found was a lost property properly handled and recorded for. I passed on the communication to my reception Team leader for recoaching the Team in how to handle such issues.

We apologize again for the experience encountered and can assure you that it does not reflect the normal high standards of service we provide.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Up in the Airways
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here in December 2012 for a very short 4 hour sleep! Room was small busy cosy and the bathroom was clean. Friendly staff and easily accessible I would recommend this hotel to anyone jetting off from Gatwick in the early morning. The hotel is only a short 5-10 minute taxi/bus ride from the South terminal and we were able to park our car here for a small fee whilst on our short trip (1 night abroad).

1 Thank Highflyer01
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014

swansea wales
Reviewed 6 January 2014

When we arrived we were a little confused at the parking charges, thinking that we had to pay to park for the night. On check in we found that this would not be charged as we were staying at the hotel. Multi storey car park was a little tight to park, I got out of the car before my husband parked the car as there was not enough room for both doors to open. Room was clean and bed was comfy although I cut my leg on the corner of the bed as the base was larger than the mattress. Powerful shower although the water in the tray does not drain quickly it does not flood the bathroom. Room was heated well as we stayed in November. Restaurant was next to reception and looked like a cafe with a small bar, very little choice on the menu with mostly snacks available. We ate next door at the restaurant attached to the premier inn, (very nice food). Some noise was heard with people leaving for the airport from early morning, but this is to be expected and occurs in every airport hotel we have stayed in. The positive outweigh the negatives and we have already booked our next stay. Great price for what we got. Following morning we drove 5 minutes to the Airparks site to leave our car. Airparks was easy to find and the staff were happy and chatty.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding the bed issue and passed it on the relevant department for immediate improvement.

Puerto de Mazarron, Spain
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived at 21.30 having transferred from Heathrow after a 7 hour flight and a 1 hour drive. The Ibis provided all we needed for a good sleep before flying out again early the following morning. Staff, food and rooms excellent. There was a bus to transfer to either Gatwick South or North and it only took 10 minutes. I Thoroughly recommend the hotel and will use it again when next flying from London Gatwick.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

For the great price there is not much room for complaint. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The only quibble was that we almost didn't get on our 4.30am shuttle bus because the staff had overbooked it. Some people were left on the tarmac and would have struggled to catch their flight.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank budgetexpert
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding the shuttle organisation issue and passed it on the relevant department for immediate improvement.