“Does what it needs to do”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London
“Does what it needs to do”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you've an early morning flight or a very late arrival at Gatwick and need to stay over, the Ibis is absolutely fine. The location isn't anywhere you'd want to spend time (nondescript, offices) but there's a shuttle to and from the airport (which you pay for) and the rooms are clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated and with bathroom/shower, TV, tea/coffee making etc. Very comfortable bed. There's a small bar and cafe doing a simple breakfast very early (not included in the room price). If you just need a bed before or after a flight , why spend huge amounts on a posh hotel when this much cheaper version is perfectly adequate? In fact I expected something very basic and the room was a pleasant surprise. Very good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank changemaker
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Only one problem - could not get into wifi. Someone was trying to pirate it so my computer security just to refused to let me read my emails. I stayed in room 520 so whether it was someone next door? Maybe you can find out

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we areinvestigating your comments reagrding the wifi access.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

To be honest, I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel, but it exceeded my expectations. Nothing special from the outside, but clean and well appointed inside. The rooms are comfortable, and well thought out. The wardrobe/shelving is all open plan, with no doors. There is no bedside cabinet, just a small shelf. This may sound like "budget" carried to extreme, but the light-coloured wood helps make the room feel bright any airy, and it's much harder to leave things behind as you can see where everything is, without having to open cupboards and doors. I like the bathroom, which is clean and smart, with a powerful shower. The only slight downside is that it's a modular unit (similar to what you might find in a mobile home) and there is a step up into it - which is actually more of a nuisance when you come out of the bathroom and have to remember there is a step down. That said, the accommodation is good, and the beds very comfortable - Of a similar standard to Premium Inn, where I usually stay. Noise insulation is fine, despite having the runway only a mile or so away, and the blackout curtains work well. The restaurant and menu do let the hotel down slightly, and aren't Premier Inn standard. It's more of a cafeteria, than a restaurant, and the choice of evening food is limited to pizza, burgers and pie. A full English breakfast is available, which is OK, but again I've had better. The bacon was rather salty, and the eggs not well cooked - There were black bits in the scrambled egg, which probably came from the pan. Staff, throughout the hotel, are friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding the Food and Beverage and passed it onto the relevant department for immediate improvement.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. Staying here for 6 weeks for a work training course and can't recommend enough! Rooms are lovely with amazing comfy beds, parking isn't a problem, restaurant is spot on!
Have to say your restaurant staff especially are amazing, they cannot do enough for you and make you feel so welcome, they really make an effort to chat and get to know you! Cannot praise them enough, you should be proud.

• Stayed April 2014
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014

UK
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Normally stay in other hotels nearby when here on business but gave the ibis a go for a change.

Great hotel excellent location and easily served by the 100 bus from both north and south terminals.

Rooms very quiet and breakfast is excellent with continental available if leaving early.

Only issue I had was with getting back in to the hotel after a night out. Main door locked, tried the swipe card access that didn't work, pressed buzzer waited 10minutes for a member of staff on the saturday evening who wanted to know every possible details before she would let me back in, even though I had my room key to hand.......Was most expecting her to ask me my shoe size with the amount of questions asked!

This is the only reason I haven't given it a 5 - You really cannot leave people stood outside at 3am for 10 minutes

Room Tip: Make sure you're home early so you are not locked out!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Uk1988Traveller
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear guest,

I passed on your comments to my Reception Manager to investigate your issue during the night and to improve this service immediately.We do take serioulsy securiity especially at night however I am sure your experience could have been more pleasant so I apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Having arrived from Dubai via New Zealand, the staff were extremely helpfull, and friendly to us.
The room was clean, everything in the room worked, comfy bed, and good breakfast.
Thank you to all staff.
Family of Spain.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014