OK the rooms are exactly as you would expect a cheap small hotel to be.. nice, clean and tiny.. no frills just an airport hotel room, I never stay in IBIS and I probably never will again... (bare in mind I travel Europe with work every wk, so I know about hotels by now)
I was greeted with a barely able to speak English receptionist, and he proceeded to check me, spelling my name wrong everytime, no matter what he looked at with it spelt correctly it was spelt wrong... so that was infuriating,
then as I opening the door to my room, I find it already has people in and they are watching the TV, so then with bags and everything else I have to go back to reception and start all over again, he didn't believe me that people were in the room, as his English was so poor, he had to call up and disturb them again...
SO finally I get to my tiny tiny room, and am offered a free drink in to compensate all the faffing about and mucking about I had to endure, so I said no worries I'll get it in the morning when I catch the bus to the airport, however I wasn't allowed to redeem it then, but was only notified this is the morning.... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.... errrrr NOT...
by the way the little buses to and from the airport are fine, don't bother with the taxi's as they charge what ever they want, and take longer then the busses I kid you not...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport is ideally located less than 5 min from all terminals (private shuttle from 5 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. on request), M23 (Jct 10), links to M25, A23 and A217, walking distance from the Manor Royal industrial estate (training centre,Oxford Aviation Academy, Virgin Atlantic base), 30 min by train from London (Gatwick Express), and 45 min from St Pancras international station. All rooms offer ensuite with shower, high speed internet, pay TV, airport parking (long and short term). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis London Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Ibis Hotel Crawley
- Accor London Gatwick Airport
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex