“Excellent value for money, great for 1 night before/after long haul flights”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money, great for 1 night before/after long haul flights”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What more one could want from an airport hotel? Everything about this hotel is great - clean room and facilities, comfortable bed, free WiFi in the room as well as in the lobby, value for money! The only downside is the size of the car parking space, cost £5 extra, payable at reception on arrival if you do get manage to find a free parking space. Definitely would use again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you
enjoyed your stay with us at ibis London Gatwick Airport. I hope we can be part of your future
travel plans.

Kind regards, Mr Sam White, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location for Gatwick airport. Hotel shuttle bus runs in the early morning and evening (£3pp one way), and a local bus (Metro bus) runs past the hotel and airport during the day, so perfect airport links.

Staff both on the front desk and in the restaurant were friendly and helpful, and were chatting to us about where we'd been on holiday etc., which was really nice.

The room was a great size, as was the bathroom. Shower worked very well for a hotel shower! The room had air conditioning and we turned it right up (i.e. very cool), but for some reason still woke up in the morning very hot and damp, which was weird but fine because we were showering before checking out anyway.

Food in the restaurant was surprisingly very good!! Average prices, and portions slightly on the small side for the price, but very good anyway, especially as we were eating at 9:30pm and hadn't eaten a real meal since breakfast at 8am!

No complaints at all, and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed
your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis London Gatwick Airport very soon.

Callington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Basic hotel but room was comfortable & clean. Breakfast buffet was fine but dinner menu was rather restricted and rather expensive for what you got. There is a good shuttle bus service to and from the airport but remember that it is £3 each, each way, although I'm sure this is a lot cheaper than a taxi. The shuttle service only runs from early morning til 10.30 then again from about 4.30 in the afternoon until late at night. The hotel can make sure that you have a space reserved on the appropriate bus. Overall an ideal stopover before and after our holiday, making travel to and from Cornwall much less stressful!

Room Tip: There is a fair bit of road & aeroplane noise but it is only to be expected, being so close to G...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team
and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Gatwick Airport.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

as with 99% of other guests I expect, we used this ibis as a one night camp before flying from Gatwick the next morning. usually we go with premier inn when we're on a budget trip but that was very expensive for a Monday night and we got a great deal (seemingly) on this ibis.

it was a bad experience from the off. we arrived early evening and parked up in their very tight bay car park on the ground floor. on entry we were informed that there was a £5 charge for use of the car park. this is the first time I've ever heard of a hotel charging guests to use their own car park. baring in mind it's on a duel carriageway and there aren't any other options, why not put it in the room rate rather than as a hidden charge? I wasn't impressed but we had no other choice so went with it and informed the guy at the check in desk we'd be leaving fairly shortly to find some place to eat. we asked if there would be any issues parking up later on and was assured there wouldn't be. sure enough half hour later we got in the car and off we went only to be stopped by a barrier on exit. I expected it to lift on approach but it didn't. after waiting around for a minute expecting someone to activate it remotely it became apparent that wasn't going to happen. back out of the car and to reception and the response in a very surprised tone of voice was 'oh, you need the code to get out?'. well yes mate, we'd mentioned this to you half hour ago so it would have been helpful if you'd have told us we needed a code to get out of the car park and what it was!

anyway that fiasco was sorted and we went out for a lovely meal (see other review in brighton). after getting back from a horrendous journey in which the motorway had been shut (long story) we were horrified to find the car park full back at the ibis. we realised there was an upper floor to the car park. we negotiated the most ridiculously narrow ramp leading up to the upper level only to find that was full too! in fact it was so full that people had decided to block other cars in. personally I couldn't be that ignorant but it's hard to blame them when there's no alternatives. what would happen if you came down in the morning in a rush to get to the airport and discovered you were blocked in by another guest? what if they weren't there to move their car? and people are being charged to use the car park! this is a shocking lack of organisation from the hotel.

after reversing back out of the car park we sat there for a few minutes asking one another what are we going to do? is this really something you should have to worry about the night before the flight to your holiday? I noticed that as well as people being blocked in drivers had been inventing spaces all over the place. just when we thought we were in huge trouble I spotted some space in front of the bike shed around the back and managed to squeeze in. close call narrowly avoided.

so that's my rant about the car parking situation. a little more on the hotel. the room is very basic and tired but what more do you need the night before a flight? the shower was excellent I have to say. unfortunately there was a big let down in that the door didn't keep any noise out of the corridors and I don't know how the acoustics worked but every step in the corridor transmitted through the walls and to my headboard which acted as an amplifier! so at stupid o clock in the morning (baring in mind people were up all night due to flights) it was like having a drum next to your head.

I've stayed in many premier inns and only ever cashed in on their 'good night guarantee' once. (when they put a new bathroom in the room below me early in the morning!) if this were an ibis offer I'd have claimed the refund too.

nobody cared to ask me on check out how our stay was. I guess that saved me some time.

so if you want little sleep and a possible scenario of your car being blocked in on the morning of your flight, stay here. if you want something decent, don't.

this was my first and most probably time i'll ever be staying at an ibis.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BenDerby
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into these matters.
With kind regards,
Sam White
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this after a holiday abroad as was arriving very late and to be honest I wasn't expecting much. From the moment I arrived though I was impressed. The guy on the front desk was really friendly and helpful. The room was basic but clean. Free shuttle to airport works really well. Fantastic value for money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrisstore
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so
pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.