“Up and back down”

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #45 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Up and back down”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

After not seeing the "Kitchen Closed" sign for a few months I returned to see if things had improved. The kitchen was open and food was being served however that was about it. We waited 30 minutes after ordering before the barmaid advised us that they had no steaks left for one of our 3 meals, only ranch steak. Our meals eventually arrived after a further 15 minute wait. The steak and ale pie had obviously been sitting under a hot lamp judging by the rock hard pastry and congealed gravy. This was mentioned to the barmaid when she collected the plates but her only reply was to say sorry!
So, the slight improvement of the kitchen being open was lost with poor service and rubbish meal. What chef messes up a meal of pie, peas, mash and gravy?

• Visited June 2013

Brighton
“Staff”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Credit where it's due! Since my last visit I was so impressed by two staff in this pub, Allan and Cody really make this pub, they bring a great atmosphere with them always jolly and friendly. I hope they are here to stay. Barras have finally cracked it with the staff and there seems to be more than one behind the bar now, expect for last Friday which was terrible only two people, end of the month packed at 5:30 que so big I didn't bother waiting and went home ( shame) apart from this one occasion seems to have gotten better - BIG credit to Allan and Cody. Well done.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Susan B
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Microwave mayhem”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

It's ok I suppose but no not a culinary treat out. There is much better quality dining very close by and that is where I generally go

Visited May 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Ukraine1_0,

Thank you for providing us with your review.

We can confirm that we have passed on your comments to the management team of the Snooty Fox who would like to thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind regards

John Barras
“Friendly service and good value for money”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I came to this pub whilst waiting for a train and was greeted by a red headed girl and a blonde man made me feel very welcomed and was polite there's not many places like that. I would recommend this pub if your in the area

• Visited April 2013
Crawley
“WOW ... I thought the last lot were bad !!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

So, tonight..... I went back to the Snooty Fox for about the 3rd time this year, after "barring myself" all the time the little Irish chav, and the "other one" were running the place ..... as their main aim appeared to be "alienate the locals and steal as much as possible"

I thought it was bad then, but WOW .... I've never been so badly treated as I was by the blonde, effeminate, rude, arrogant, pushy, .... ermmm T**T ... than I was tonight ... "get out", "I'm the boss, you leave when I tell you", etc etc ...... I was a customer, drinking up politely, with a friend, before 23:30.... but apparently, that was an afront to this new "manager-type-person" ....He wanted to close up early, and I was stopping him doing so, ..... by drinking what he'd served me only 15 minutes previously...

All I can say is .... John Barras .... You haven't got a clue.....You replace poor management, with more poor management .... I even asked this poor excuse of a manager, "why are you being aggressive when I'm only drinking the drink that you've served me", to be told "It's my pub and you do what I say" ................. Worst thing is, my wife works there a couple of nights a week, so I can't even make my complaint formal .... Again, I find that I'm going to have to find a new place to frequent with my friends ..... sad, sad sad !!!!

• Visited April 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear 81Billy_Bob81,

After Reading your second review it concerns us to hear your thoughts regarding your recent experience.

After Checking through our records of your previous review, we can see that we never got the opportunity to discuss this with you directly.

We have sent you another direct message if you could please supply us with your phone number we would like to arrange for someone from our Head Office to call you directly.

Kind regards