“Very nice lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Near Gatwick Airport, opposite Oldlands Farm B&B
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went to The Greyhound today for lunch, staff were very police and helpful couldn't fault the food will be returning again soon! :D

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nick S

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Huge Improvement ”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We popped in for a quick drink having seen the 'under new management' sign. Very pleasantly surprised. Tidy, clean & refurbished to a high standard. Much improved. Staff friendly, with a good selection of beers & wines. Definately worth a visit, we will be back.

3 Thank OliviaA22
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Under new management...”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Never been to this pub, fancied a bite to eat. Ordered a chicken and bacon baguette and a burger which was on quite a boring laminated piece of coloured paper. Asked to use baby change facilities only to be told that there was none as quote "they forgot to put it
in." We don't know who 'they' are or were but a poor excuse in this day and age. Baby was changed on a table in a function room...just imagine if you have a baby who has any kind of particular needs, a function room table isn't really appropriate in any circumstances. Whilst my wife was dealing with the baby, I asked for a high chair so the baby could sit and eat. I was told that there were none as they hadn't arrived yet.
Sat and waited for food to be served only to be told (and this is after ordering and being told that food will be with you) that they had run out of chicken as they had a big roast on Sunday. I'm not a publican and I'm not pretending to be, but surely at the start of the working day, the chef or owner(s) would do a stock count or walk through of the kitchen to see what can and can't be served. We paid for our drinks and left, hungry
and quite unhappy with the whole place. I appreciate that this put has only been open a week, but these basic failings have put me right off. High chairs can be found in the most basic of pubs, restaurants...and motorway service stations.
Probably a good pub for young couples or someone looking for a quick bite before a meeting etc. Anyone with a baby/infant I genuinely wouldn't bother. We drove around the corner to the Parsons Pig which was world's apart in comparison.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank hemmy11921
“Fawlty Towers - at it worse!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've eaten here a few time - food used to be surprisingly good but has gone sadly downhill. My last personal experience was a very undercooked burger and an seriously overcooked beef sandwich. But exceeding all expectations, we recently ordered three burgers. Two came out "ok" but the third came sandwiched between 2 sliced of white bread - along with a passing comment of "we're out of buns!. When challenged about why they hadn't simply popped to Tesco for more the response was "the boss isn't here".
Who serves raw burgers? Who decides sliced bread can substitute rolls? Answer - Basil Fawlty!
One good thing going for this place - the bar maid who's been here forever and I get the impression knows exactly what the management should do!
Its a shame - we used to use this as our "local" but have had to give up and find a pub elsewhere. Being the only pub within Manor Royal this place could be so successful and should be maximinsing on all the business locally.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chic2geek
Italy
“A good opportunity to go in a pub close to Gatwich.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Classic british pub with classic british people inside.
Food is good (I took a very good goat) and they have hood ales.
A good opportunity for eating pub food close to Gatwich.

• Visited August 2013