“Will recommend it”

Da Vinci Manor Guest House
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I used this guest house as a base for a temporary job I had in a nearby town. The first night I arrived tired but that immediately evaporated when I was greeted by the warm and friendly Cristina. Quite simply Cristina made my stay pleasant and enjoyable. She is Da Vinci's greatest asset. Her friendliness makes one overlook any chinks in the armour of Da Vinci.
I found my room to be clean and adequate. Breakfast was prompt, well-cooked and adequate. I didn't expect a 4 star hotel but I got 4 star service.
The place is a little bit off the beaten track so that you should have a car. If not, the bus service will frustrate you. Comes about once an hour. There are however reliable taxis that one can use. Walking to the nearest train station, Ifield, takes a good 25 minutes.
The place is good for runners also and many can be seen pounding the pavements.
I will definitely recommend Da Vinci.

Room Tip: Speak to Cristina
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Da Vinci Manor Guest House

Reviewed 18 September 2012

When staying i found the people to be so kind and helpful, if i needed to get anywhere there was someone to help or giude me in the right direction, mainly Gino with his little doggy 'Gucci'. Gino was there to help with anything from booking meals in the local area, to sorting out a short notice taxi, what can i say but what a guy! The food was amazing would recomend the chicken breast to everyone who comes, the room and cosy bed was great with the most relaxing country side surrounding it. Car parking with super security so no worries there, plus to top it all off when sitting in the shared areas of the house the general frendlyness and diverse culter of other people staying was so great i didnt want to leave but move in never stop being friends with everyone. Well all the best and a huge thanks to everyone at the Da Vinci Manor and really hope to see you all soon.......

Room Tip: Any will do as the suroundings are so tranqual you find yourself lost in it all....
1  Thank chris b
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We chose this guest house for our last night of a 3 week trip to Europe and the UK, thinking it was close to Gatwick airport. It is if you are driving or know in advance that a taxi only costs a few pounds from either the Crawley or Ifield station, a few more than that directly from Gatwick. It sounded within walking distance so we took the train to Ifield which is a very small station and had to call the owners to get directions. We said we were on foot, he proceeded to give lengthy directions but never once said it was over a half hour walk on rough sidewalks, difficult if you have luggage which we did after a 3 week trip. If we had know how cheap and quick it was by taxi, we would have opted for that. That said, once we got there it was very pleasant, comfy bed, clean, full English breakfast and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Folks staying in the cottage on grounds left windows open and had a dozen wasps sharing their room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

this b&b offered excellent value for money and very good customer service!! in fact it was the customer service that made me increase my rating to 3 out of 5! Christina was the reason for this,it looked like she did everything herself and was always very helpful and polite. the room i was given was very nice... i did in fact have 2 rooms for the duration of my stay as i was on a course in the area for 2 weeks. both of these rooms were clean and tidy and spacious enough for my needs.

Room Tip: the single room is tiny... i was almost put in here and there wasnt enough room to put my luggage ba...
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It is a nice hotel.They are warm and helpful.they try their best to help and serve their guests.the food here is also yummy.It is a nice guest house.iit is worth the money.The location is near the gatwick airport, u can take taxi here, the staff here will text you the telephone of the taxi company which is cheaper than other, if ask them. I am not find the bus to here. This guest hotel is quite and there is a big garden here.it is a good place to sleep well.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Whilst in between flats I needed somewhere local yet cheap to stay for a couple of weeks. The Da Vinci Guest House has proved to be the perfect solution!

The chap through whom I booked the room (I think he's Italian and the owner?) was very polite and pleasant in manner. In a 6 (or 7?) bedroom guest house I decided to take the cheapest and smallest room and have been very happy here and was made to feel very welcome and comfortable throughout my stay.

It is placed in rather an idyllic and secluded setting, very leafy and with wonderful views across the road (which leads to Gatwick which is extremely close - around 2 minutes by taxi) of green fields and with cows grazing; very charming!

There is ample off-road private parking. The entrance to the guest house provides a beautiful outside conservatory area decked with big leather sofas and quirky little ornaments, water features and coffee tables and chairs; it is lovely in the evenings on both a hot night with a beer or or when it's chucking it down with rain and the night lamps are on. If you've never been to England you will be in for a shock with our bizarre weather patterns...!

Though the room I stayed in was pretty small (and also the toilet / shower room), it was absolutely fine for the price compared with other hotels I looked at online in this area. The room was light and airy, overlooking green conifers. The room had Sky TV (I think Sky? - it had way too many channels!) and wireless broadband.

My only complaint would be that the toilet lid needed a new screw and that the shower head was pretty loose.

The service, though, from the young lady who runs the house was pretty exceptional and something I much appreciated. Cristina was always very friendly, welcoming and keen to accommodate any concerns or questions I had.

Breakfast was always very good indeed. I opted for the cooked English but they also do continental. I could request breakfast for anytime after 7am and it was always ready on the dot. Cristina offered me the wake up call and even left little notes on my door to ask if I would prefer a later breakfast the following day if I was out late and I hadn't seen her that evening. It was unexpected but very sweet and much appreciated.

Refreshments are always available in the Dining Room (tea / coffee / toast / water / orange), well, up until 10pm and there are also big leather sofas and large mirrors and big TV... with access to a large secluded garden and seated area outside (at the rear of the guest house).

Although perhaps a little expensive, dinners were very nice and of ample proportions and can be requested at anytime before 10pm.

I never usually write reviews online but actually felt compelled to commend the excellent service in this place and say what a lovely stay I've had these past two weeks.

I will be certainly be back on future occasions!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Christina is a treasure! She does everything to the best of her ability but she is let down by the facilities at her disposal. Our room was average considering the price. The grounds are spacious but distinctly untidy, the common rooms were poor (dead weeds in the unwatered houseplants). There was a wet patch on the floor of our room, which was discovered when my partner knelt in it! Evening meal was pretty awful, fish fingers, chips and tinned vegies are hardly palatable fare. Not an experience I wish to repeat.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple