“Excellent Place”

Da Vinci Manor Guest House
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have stayed here many times and we have always been extremely happy with the service and the quality of accommodation and food provided for us. Nice to see a pet friendly facility.

The staff and the owner have been extremely help full and very kind.

It is very close to shops and all other amenities.

We highly recommend Da Vinci Guest House.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B

Reviewed 22 October 2013

without being too disrespectful to the place, Crawley itself does not usually rank as one of the 'hot' U.K. holiday destination spots and i would imagine most people looking to stay here are either contract workers or those looking for somewhere to stay overnight before jetting off to sunnier climes. this review is therefore aimed toward those people. looking at other reviews here i see comments like 'the outside area was untidy with cars parked everywhere, boats, caravans etc..... so what? you have had a longish drive (i would imagine) to get here so why in heavens name would you care about the state of the car park?? some whiner on here complained that their booking wasnt confirmed but the hotel still managed to find them a room. booking mix-ups happen sometimes and i think it is a tribute to the guest house that they managed to find somewhere for these people to stay overnight. the room i stayed in was clean and comfortable. breakfast was well cooked, the people were great, other guests seemed happy and there is a great pub just a short walk away selling beautiful and cheap food. by the way the guest house is pet friendly. i stayed over with Jacky my Labrador puppy and we had the best time. in fact i am going back to stay there again. so to sum up, it really DOES have everything for everyone. good rooms, good people, good breakfast, good location and a slightly untidy carpark for those who can't sleep without having a moan over some meaningless trivia!

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the car park if you have a compulsion to find trivial fault with an otherw...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rue B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were supposed to be booked in at the "Da Vinci" guest house in Ifield, Crawley for a 1 night stay on 1st Oct 2013 prior to flying from Gatwick on hols (It is an absolutely woeful place. DO NOT touch it with a barge pole!!). I found The Da Vinci on Trip Advisor and booked by phone for a . When we arrived, we were astounded to hear them claim that we had not booked with them! They left us with no room, and nowhere to park our car for our 10 day holiday! Oh yes, they did offer us a room in a seperate bungalow type annexe. There were already 2 people living in it! They were sitting there watching the TV in their dressing gowns. My wife and I reckon they were family. We would have had to share their bathroom! it is an absolute shower of a business. the outside area is a dump. The inside is a dump. The real laugh is that when you ring the door bell, it plays a tacky 30 second rendition of "Home Sweet Home" Oh really?!! Anyway, after a row, we walked out of that hell hole and drove off into the sunset. As we did not stay the night, I cannot give a rating for "sleep quality", but looking at the photo of the bed that a fellow reviewer has posted, I look upon that as a Godsend. I hate to give it a 1 star "terrible" rating as even that is too good for it. PLEASE DO NOT SAY THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My mother stayed here overnight and was happy with it. The staff were nice and helpful, the room was clean and sufficient.
The only thing that needs looking at is the outside as it wasnt an attractive site - run down caravan and boat, cars everywhere - not a good advertisement for a place - which I saw and wasnt impressed with.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night last Saturday, as we attended a wedding reception just down the road.
Having stayed at the holiday inn express a few times, I thought we would try somewhere different and at £50 for one night, including breakfast, I thought perfect! Especially as a majority of the reviews were decent.....I am still asking myself where those people actually stayed!!
I would not recommend this 'guest house' at all, infact if you picture the Bates Motel, then you are pretty close.
There was parking, which was great, however the outside was a dumping ground of all the rubbish they didn't want in the house! The conservatory was the smoking hut, fag ends left in ashtrays, the chairs and sofas dirty and there were cobwebs everywhere. Inside wasn't much better. There was a musty smell everywhere.
Our room was a triple room, two singles and one double bed. The room needed redecorating, wallpaper was peeling off in the bedroom and bathroom, there were a couple if small spiders and a grasshopper in the room!
Two of the beds didn't have pillows or even sheets, luckily the double did.
The bathroom was a lovely shade of avocado and could have done with a but more of a thorough clean.
Breakfast was included, however we didn't stay to sample it!
The lady greeting us was friendly, however that was about the only good part.
Overall I would not recommend staying here, you could stay in better hotels for a similar price.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wanted to take a break from Central London for the weekend and I am very pleased I stayed at the Da Vinci Guest House where I did find Value, a large room and lounge with a cozy family style feeling and even a homemade meal cooked by the owners after hours for me!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel prior to our 10 day break in Italy. We informed the girl at the reception desk that our flight on our return would mean that we wouldn't be back until about midnight. We were informed that our car keys and room key would be left outside in the porch, under a cup! We weren't entirely happy about this although felt that there was little we could do at this point due to catching our flight. On our return we collected our keys and entered our room. We were both very tired and thirsty after a long delayed flight. There were no facilities for making tea and coffee (very unusual as most hotels and b and b's have this facility). The room itself was of a very poor standard and even the bed clothes were mismatched. The bed was very uncomfortable and resulted in us getting a poor nights sleep. In the morning we went in to the breakfast room area. I was immediately put off by the coffee which was obviously very cheap as was the margarine (for some toast which I did not eat). We were then provided with a vegetarian cooked breakfast (which we had requested). This was very odd and consisted of a very small omelette, some baked beans and two croquettes. This was also quite tasteless.

The hotel needs to look at updating their facilities such as the addition of a small kettle to make hot drinks. In addition to this they should look at providing some better quality food, not to mention the bedclothes. Would not recommend or return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Regency Hotel Gatwick
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Hookwood Lodge
Hookwood Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hookwood

Been to Da Vinci Manor Guest House? Share your experiences!