“REASONABLY PRICED BUT A BIT TIRED THOUGH ADEQUATE”

Da Vinci Manor Guest House
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“REASONABLY PRICED BUT A BIT TIRED THOUGH ADEQUATE”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The outside can put people off I suppose. Its like Steptoe's yard but it is a cheap and cheerful place. I personally like it apart from the bed which made my back ache. The private bathroom was next door so you have to leave the room to access it. Bit of a pain at 4am but its never going to be the Ritz and they charge nothing like the Ritz so no real complaints. Breakfast was adequate. Minimal and cheap but the price reflects that so again, no complaints. The local pub was only a few minutes walk and friendly enough.
Would I stop here again......Yes I suppose I would. The staff were friendly and at night when its lit up it does have a slight charm.

Room Tip: Just take a look at what's on offer first then decide. The man in charge is a nice chap and Im s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very pleasant lady running this very clean place.
Good location for gatwick at a fraction of the price of airport hotel
I find it difficult to find any fault.Perhaps not the place for a holiday for the family but for Gatwick or work nearby great

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank david r
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was only going to be here for two nights, but due to work, I stayed for over two weeks. The room was very clean and comfortable, with en-suite facilities and plenty of hot water. Each morning there was a cooked breakfast, which was the perfect start to the day. Marianna and the staff are really helpful and friendly. There's free parking, and Gatwick is only 5 minutes away. I have no doubt I will be back to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Purplepeanut
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was working in Crawley for a week so stayed here as it's great for the price and parking and breakfast are included. The staff are really friendly and I had a kitchen to cook my own food in etc. Breakfast was a choice of full English or continental and there was lots of cereals available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anom2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I thought on first appearance it was a bit of a dump put I was wrong
It was very welcoming the room was very clean the shower was a little
small but done the job coffee on tap all the time but not in your room
breakfast was spot on time and very nice

The only negative
Please Please Please stop smoking in the conservator it stinks
Like an old ashtray and you have to walk through the room to
Get to the main door
PS
I had a nice meal at the Royal Oak just down the road and I was
Made very welcome at the Rugby Club for a game of pool

Would I stay there again Yes
Thank You.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VRAGraham
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I spent several nights in this guest house. The room was clean, quite big. The service was excellent and the owner provided me with a delightful dinner two or three times. Very easy access to Gatwick airport, even at six in the morning

Room Tip: Have a look at the pond with the ducks and hens and ask for an omelette with their eggs! Ask the re...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kastiel2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Ok, I know you get what you pay for but guys, check your calendar it's December for goodness sake and you knew I was coming because you pestered me on the phone to find out what time I would turn up, so why was the room like walking into a fridge when I checked in at approx 5pm and then when it had just about warmed up at approx 11pm you turned the heating off so I had to get into a cold bed, not good. Breakfast was pretty good but by the time I had discovered it was mine on the table and had found out I had to do my own toast it was barely warm, tell us please, we are not mind readers, I don't have a problem doing my own toast but it is helpful to know.
Also a light on the driveway wouldn't go a miss, it was pitch black out there. All told it was a little disappointing, I certainly was not expecting the ritz but basic comfort even at these prices should be expected.
If you plan on staying here in the winter just ask them to put the heating on an hour before you arrive, it would make a huge difference, and while your at it take yourself a travel kettle if you plan on staying in your room as there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
Look, all I was after was a clean warm room I could sit in and get on with some work, unfortunately this fell a little short of my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business