We stayed here in June 2014,on recommendations from a friend. We stayed in a room facing the car park. It was small and the decor a little dated. We ate in the conservatory and I have to say the food was excellent. The waitress and the gentleman who cooked were very friendly and the grounds were beautiful. Wenenjoyed a drink outside. I had not realised we were on the flight path and the noise from the planes became a little much after a while as the planes were so low. We were returning to our room to get money to settle the bill and the lady at reception reminded us that the bill needed to be settled before we went to bed. I felt this was rather rude and it certainly stopped us from returning to the bar to have a further drink.
Unfortunately, I will not be returning to this hotel again as I had expected it to be welcoming and this lady just spoilt the whole experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterhall Country House is a delightful guest house offering hotel comfort at B&B prices. Situated close to London Gatwick Airport (LGW), we are perfectly positioned for both airport bound travellers or Crawley based business people. Our unique 34 acre setting, homely atmosphere and comfortable rooms will ensure that you are not disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Waterhall Country House, Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterhall Country House, Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Waterhall Country House, Gatwick Crawley, West Sussex