“Ok for a one night stopover”

Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Essex
“Ok for a one night stopover”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed here for one night before flight from Gatwick. This Premier Inn appears to be quite an old design; the room was made up as a family room for 4 people and due to the strange shape of the room, it was very squashed. Also, the room was incredibly hot, without any way to regulate the temperature, which is unusual for a Premier Inn. The staff were very helpful though and did manage to locate a second fan for us, but it was a rather uncomfortably, restless and hot night, which was not helped by the uncomfortable pillows. The bathroom was possibly the smallest bathroom I have ever had in a hotel room, but everywhere was clean, if not on the cosy side. As a last resort, if I had to I would stay here again, but given the choice; I would prefer to stay at the Premier Inn Gatwick North.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Good overnight stay. Staff were very courteous and helpful. Room was very clean and tidy. The attached Brewers Fayre restaurant and the food was very good. Breakfast was excellent! I thoroughly recommend PI Goffs Park!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Big_Al191270
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

If you like mildew and mould in the bathroom, lamps with no socket and bedspring'S pushing into your ribcage whilst poaching overnight in a hotel with no AC. Then this is the place to go. I however would rather buy a £20 tent from halfords, find a field and be sure of what I am getting. NEVER EVER, WHILST THERE IS A BREADTH IN MY BODY, WILL I BOOK THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott L
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that you comments will be investigated to ensure that we are able to improve standards.

Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
london
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Likes: on arrival was greeted by very helpful, friendly, professional Manjit (sp?) who I then mainly dealt with for duration of my 4-night stay, end July to start Aug. I told her I was there for peace & quiet & rest. Really lovely room, wide windows, immaculately clean bathroom. I loved it but alas next to my room was the noisy staircase, footsteps waking me up all night; next morning I asked to move. Manjit kindly arranged this and invoked their guarantee of good night sleep ie no quibble refund - helpful. In the 2nd room, again noises at odd times below my window, Manjit arranged a refund for one more night. I also had one main lunch and one main dinner at the Brewer's Fayre, the former was great (roast lamb) and latter was okay (BBQ ribs). Very helpful and attentive restaurant staff. Location is 7mins walk from Crawley station and 5 mins from the huge gorgeous Goffs Park itself. I love strolling, having both nearby helped me relax and exercise.
Dislikes: I was allocated a room right next to stairs, barely slept as there was a wedding party staying over. bump bump bump on stairs late into the night & v early in the morning. Also must say the regular thud of door to stairs made it worse. When I moved to the 2nd room it wasn't as nice as the first, though some bathroom tiles were manky - a spray of bleach for 15 mins would've cleared it up. Alas again, some kind of service door just below my window, kept thudding from the early hours and people chatting as they went by. Then each afternoon after lunch I could hear kids playing just below my window. Anyway I couldn't be bothered to again move rooms, having to re-pack my case again. Not for 3 more nights. So put in earplugs to be able to sleep, but didn't feel totally safe in case fire alarm went off.
On the day I checked out, Manjit was off but the lady I saw behaved really odd. I could hear clearly voices in the office behind reception, and instead of ringing the bell it seemed sensible to call out "Hello!" after a few minutes. Long story short, by the time I was ignored a 3rd time I was getting impatient to leave, all I needed was to hand in my key-card. Lady emerges still chatting with uniformed security cash collection man in helmet. I smiled and told her I came to check out, and I'd called out a few time but no reply. She ignored my comment, said something like, 'so you just want to hand in your card?'. No apology for / acknowledgement of holding a guest up. I wasn't impressed with her. There's loads of Premier Inns in Crawley,so I'd consider one of the others next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is right next to any stairs or if there's any groups staying over. Also if it...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2012

When arriving at this hotel I was first greeted by a very helpful reception called Paige. Having never been to Crawley before I was unaware of the local amenities but was soon informed of the local area. She kindly explained the menu for the ajoining pub and booked me a table for later that evening! My room was very spacious and the standards of cleanliness were exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a hotel near Gatwick. The best premier inn hotel I've ever stayed in by far 5*

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dave96108
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

while the staff were very helpful and friendly the same could not be said for the attached Brewer Fayre.we had dinner here on 2 occasions the first being a Frday night while the chip shop buffet was good when i ordered desert waited more than 20 min and had to ask a staff member the deserts had been ready for a whille and when we recieved them the ice cream had melted!! the Sunday night we tried the roast Buffet this was worse the beef was uneddible, the turkey very dryand the vegies under cooked or cold!! again the stuffed up our desert orderafter 30min no desert had to ask a staff member who said they would make them now for us!.
The rooms are extremley small the smallest of any primer Inn i have stayed at the provided a small destop fan that does little to help cool the room they should provide bigger pedestal ones like some of the other primer inn's windows can not be opened fully which does not help when you have a nice breeze blowing!
I have stayed at over 12 different Premier Inn's and this is the worst even worse than Aylesbury one and i will not stay here AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: stay at one of the other 3 Premier Inn's located in crawley
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Clacton-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The staff at Premier were very helpful and courteous and the rooms are clean, but don't stay in room 321 when there is a function on in the 'Meeting and Function Room' which is right under room 321, if you want a good nights sleep. A wedding evening do was on till 12.00am and it was a continual boom boom of the music and the guests were rather loud in the garden. Shame the staff of the Premier did not tell us before hand. Unfortuantly as the hotel was fully booked we could not change rooms.
We have stayed in other Premier's which have been very good, but just avoid some rooms at this Premier if you want a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and on receipt of your details, the issues raised will be fully investigated and duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.