On arrival excellent first impressions, free parking, close to terminal, and extra friendly staff. Hollie was the first member of staff to assist us and how fantastic she was... Very friendly, smiley, knowledgable and welcoming.
On entering the room we were again pleasantly surprised, spacious, good facilities and spotlessly clean!!!
We then headed back down to the restaurant and after being informed last sitting was 11:45 preceeded to ask for a table at approximately 11:40, to be told by the shift manager that we couldn't sit in the restaurant and had to order at the bar and eat in the lounge. We again spoke to Hollie to adk about the meal deal who was just as helpful ad before, and we purchased the meal deal as we thought this was good value for money. We then went to the bar with the voucher for our food, we had to wait a bit to be served as staff were busy with other jobs, the guy at the bar was a little abrupt and unhelpful but ordered our food ok. We asked the shift manager if we could use one of the restaurant tables as the lounge was EXTREMELY loud and had a stag do with lots of drinking which was uncomfortable, so was not an appropriate place for a couple to enjoy some food. She said this was ok albeit a bit reluctantly. So we sat at the table to then be told by two separate staff members to move to the lounge, as we weren't allowed to eat in the restaurant. The last lady to speak to us (Natasha) was extremely apologetic and ended up being extremely helpful. Several other staff members walked past staring at us at this table and talking to other staff about us. We decided to speak to Hollie about this as we felt angry and uncomfortable, she apologised profusely and herself and David arranged for the food to arrive in our room, and offered us a full refund which wasn't 100% necessary. The Food was ok when it came.
Unfortunately we did have a few problems with our room, our toilet kept running and was quite loud meaning we couldnt really sleep through it. And the bath had a sharp gritty, non slip layer, painted on the bottom which I thought was silly as it would be uncomfortable for anyone wanting a bath. This however was a small problem as we were only staying one night. We spoke to Natasha about this who had come to our room several times to deliver our food, and herself and Hollie arranged for us to be moved to a room next door Immediately. Natasha offered us help with our bags, which I thought was a lovely touch. She also checked the new room over to make sure there were no problems... Again another example of their excellent customer service.
So all in all this hotel is spotlessly clean, comfortable, modern, has great facilities, great staff and is EXCELLENT value for money.
We had a few problems but that isn't a deal breaker as long as they are dealt with properly, and the guys here are excellent at that. We will be back again in September for our next holiday stop over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated next to the Shell garage 5 minutes from the north terminal and a short monorail journey from the south terminal/train station. There is also a frequent bus service operating from both the South and North terminals at a cost of £3.00 per person running 24 hours a day. Enjoy your holiday 1 day early and check out our sleep, Park and fly options (book at least 24 hours before your stay). Please note our hotel is NOT situated right in front of the north terminal but as stated a short 5 minute walk from the airport, please do not confuse the two, as both are in very close proximity of each other. We look forward to welcoming you at Premier Inn A23 airport way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Crawley
- Premier Inn Crawley
- Crawley Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel Crawley, West Sussex