This hotel is easy to get to from either the North or South terminal buildings where you’re picked up by a route bus (G2) that drops you to the front door. Very convenient and costs only £3 p.p. which is far cheaper than a cab.
The bus usually runs just about on schedule. Average wait time is about 15 minutes. If you’re departing, do give yourself an extra 30 minutes on top of your planned check-in time just in case the bus is late.
The front desk staff are very nice but service takes a while. This hotel is always full so we understand the lines at the front desk. The agents so try their best to deal with so many guests but they are clearly understaffed and need some more computer terminals.
If you’re short-tempered, the wait might get to you, especially if you get off the bus last and you’re tired just off a long flight.
Don’t expect any frills at this hotel. The room is clean and beds are comfy. Bathroom is basic with wall-mounted shower gel / shampoo. We did think that the rate we got of £114.98 for 1 night with breakfast for 2 was abit hefty, especially as it’s just a basic 2-star stay. It would be nice for the hotel to offer more bed options like 1 king bed or 2 doubles or 2 queens in one room.
The restaurant menu is extensive and the food is of decent quality. Again, the staff seem to try their best but the restaurant is also understaffed so the service is extremely slow. This was our second stay at this Premier Inn and dinner took us upwards of 2 hours again!
There was just 1 waitress and 1 bartender when we had dinner. We actually had to go back and forth to the counter to place our orders at the bar, bring the drinks back to the table, to find someone to take our food order and to get our own cutlery.
We recommend this hotel only for convenience of location and good on-site food but not for their service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated next to the Shell garage 5 minutes from the north terminal and a short monorail journey from the south terminal/train station. There is also a frequent bus service operating from both the South and North terminals at a cost of £3.00 per person running 24 hours a day. Enjoy your holiday 1 day early and check out our sleep, Park and fly options (book at least 24 hours before your stay). Please note our hotel is NOT situated right in front of the north terminal but as stated a short 5 minute walk from the airport, please do not confuse the two, as both are in very close proximity of each other. We look forward to welcoming you at Premier Inn A23 airport way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Crawley
- Premier Inn Crawley
- Crawley Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel Crawley, West Sussex