“Lovely Staff and Customer Service”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Velez-Malaga, Spain
“Lovely Staff and Customer Service”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was travelling alone, am almost 70 years old and have some mobility problems. My journey by public transport to get to the hotel was problematic, taking 5 hours instead of usual 2, so I was pretty stressed when I arrived! I was so relieved to see my hotel was just outside the airport but when I checked in I found out there are 5 Premier Inn's in the area and this was not the one I was booked in to. The receptionist checked my paperwork and directed me to the correct one which she said was just through the carpark outside. After I walked round for nearly half an hour without finding it, I went back to the Airport where I was directed to bus stop No 8 and told to catch bus G4. The buses run every 20 mins but drop you right outside the front hotel entrance. It costs £3 one way. I was exhausted when I walked in to reception but I could not have been made to feel more welcome. I think the young lady's name was Lisa? I just felt my troubles melt away. She gave me a lovely quiet room on the 3rd floor where I had a good nights stay. The room was basic but in clean and comfortable surroundings and I slept very well. I hadn't eaten all day and decided to try the restaurant. Mo immediately came from behind the bar to help me, and told me all about the restaurant and especially the "Meal Deal" offer of a 3 course evening meal with drink and a full English breakfast in the morning all for £22.95., which I decided to to take up. (Reception dealt with my request immediately) and I was soon sitting enjoying a delicious and relaxing meal, attended to constantly by the many pleasant staff. In the morning again the breakfast was excellent. The girl on duty (wish I had got her name) was so helpful explaining me routine for breakfast and where to find everything and giving a handy table close to everything. She also told me I could have my eggs cooked how I liked, to order, so everything was so nice and fresh and plenty of choices. When I was leaving to go to the airport, I was offered a token to allow me travel free on the bus to make up for my stress the night before. What a lovely touch. All in all I really enjoyed my stay at THIS Premier Inn, would stay here again and would recommend it highly. The rooms are basic but clean as I said, and the food very good value, but I think the lovely Staff they employ makes up for any short-comings. Thank you everyone who looked after me so well during my stay and you will be pleased to hear I finally made it safely home to Malaga, Spain and completely stress free!

Room Tip: If you ask for a quiet room they try their best to accommodate you!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Styrisch
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.

I would like to apologise for any confusion between the two hotels we have here at Gatwick North Terminal and for any inconvenience you experienced on your journey too our hotel. I am however extremely pleased to hear that the warmth of welcome you received was to an extremely high standard and that you were well looked after by our team and made to feel at ease.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed a delicious and relaxing meal in our restaurant and that once again you found our staff members to be attentive and pleasant both in the evening and the morning.

I am also glad to hear that you found our hotel to be good value for money with rooms that were adequate for an airport hotel.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, all feedback will be passed onto the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Greek first
toronto
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for one night before our early morning flight back to Canada. We choose this location because it was close to Gatwick, it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the North terminal and then a shuttle to the South terminal. I believe there is a shuttle you can take but it costs 3 pounds per person, I think. Better just to walk it if you don't have too much luggage.

Small rooms compared to North American hotels but comfortable and clean for one night. As with other Premier Inns, very basic. This room did have a phone, unlike the other location we stayed at.

Front desk seemed friendly enough.

I would recommend this location for Gatwick. Very basic but cheaper than other hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport Way.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and found the front desk staff friendly.

I am also happy to hear that you would reccommend our hotel.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here before an extremely early flight and I am so glad we did. People have said it's confusing because there is another Premier Inn located near the airport terminal, but as long as you have looked up the address beforehand you can see it is just across the road from the terminal. It isn't the one that is right next to the terminal building, but it is walking distance from the airport. I arrived before the rest of my party and decided to use the shuttle bus from outside the North terminal building but the rest of them walked in about 5 minutes.
The room itself was as you would expect from a Premier Inn, basic, modern and clean. The only slight downside was the pressure in the shower wasn't great but it was acceptable.

What I found most helpful about the hotel was the fact that there was a direct phone (free of charge) on the reception desk that you could use to order a taxi and they knew which hotel you were calling from (so no confusion with which North terminal hotel you were at!). We decided to get a taxi for our flight, as we were flying from the South terminal so it was a bit further away. Even so it only cost £6 between 3 of us at 4am which I thought was reasonable for the convenience.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport way.

I am very pleased to hear that you like the location of the hotel, and that you found your room modern and clean.

I am also happy to hear that you find the taxi phone helpful.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very clean , the bed was amazing , the best sleeping night ever, helpful stuff,The food was little bit expensive for my .....opinion , but was plenty , also the Brekfast was good for English hotel , one problem that I have was with the telephones from inside the hotel , I couldn't call outside the uk even with extra charge !!!! I need some kind of telephone card ,to dial exta 12 numbers or something and after the number of the person I want !!
Anyway the general opinion it was good and I recommend it to my friends

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, England
Reviewed 23 November 2013

As I like to stay over the night before (To avoid the nonsense that is the M25) - We always usually book the Hilton Gatwick - but the deal we got for Park and Stay (15 Nights) was too good to pass up. We paid £109 for a night before stay and Gatwick Valet parking - and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The Hotel was directly opposite the North Terminal - as was the Car Park.

The hotel is very busy - but it has a restaurant, and the room does a job.

If you are looking for excellent value and Valet parking - You cannot beat this.. but book in advance for the best Prices.

It was so good - I've done it again for January

Room Tip: All rooms are your standard "Premier Inn" offering - but you can't beat the value for...
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had left my suit case lock keys at home the hotel duty manager was helpful friendly that he help to cut off the locks I don't know what would have done we had dinner the was good this was on our way to our holidays

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Really pleasantly surprised and pleased we stayed here before our early morning flight. Very clean and staff excellent. Bar/restaurant area nice and modern. Didn't get to try breakfast due to early morning flight. Good choice for Gatwick hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple