I was travelling alone, am almost 70 years old and have some mobility problems. My journey by public transport to get to the hotel was problematic, taking 5 hours instead of usual 2, so I was pretty stressed when I arrived! I was so relieved to see my hotel was just outside the airport but when I checked in I found out there are 5 Premier Inn's in the area and this was not the one I was booked in to. The receptionist checked my paperwork and directed me to the correct one which she said was just through the carpark outside. After I walked round for nearly half an hour without finding it, I went back to the Airport where I was directed to bus stop No 8 and told to catch bus G4. The buses run every 20 mins but drop you right outside the front hotel entrance. It costs £3 one way. I was exhausted when I walked in to reception but I could not have been made to feel more welcome. I think the young lady's name was Lisa? I just felt my troubles melt away. She gave me a lovely quiet room on the 3rd floor where I had a good nights stay. The room was basic but in clean and comfortable surroundings and I slept very well. I hadn't eaten all day and decided to try the restaurant. Mo immediately came from behind the bar to help me, and told me all about the restaurant and especially the "Meal Deal" offer of a 3 course evening meal with drink and a full English breakfast in the morning all for £22.95., which I decided to to take up. (Reception dealt with my request immediately) and I was soon sitting enjoying a delicious and relaxing meal, attended to constantly by the many pleasant staff. In the morning again the breakfast was excellent. The girl on duty (wish I had got her name) was so helpful explaining me routine for breakfast and where to find everything and giving a handy table close to everything. She also told me I could have my eggs cooked how I liked, to order, so everything was so nice and fresh and plenty of choices. When I was leaving to go to the airport, I was offered a token to allow me travel free on the bus to make up for my stress the night before. What a lovely touch. All in all I really enjoyed my stay at THIS Premier Inn, would stay here again and would recommend it highly. The rooms are basic but clean as I said, and the food very good value, but I think the lovely Staff they employ makes up for any short-comings. Thank you everyone who looked after me so well during my stay and you will be pleased to hear I finally made it safely home to Malaga, Spain and completely stress free!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated next to the Shell garage 5 minutes from the north terminal and a short monorail journey from the south terminal/train station. There is also a frequent bus service operating from both the South and North terminals at a cost of £3.00 per person running 24 hours a day. Enjoy your holiday 1 day early and check out our sleep, Park and fly options (book at least 24 hours before your stay). Please note our hotel is NOT situated right in front of the north terminal but as stated a short 5 minute walk from the airport, please do not confuse the two, as both are in very close proximity of each other. We look forward to welcoming you at Premier Inn A23 airport way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Crawley
- Premier Inn Crawley
- Crawley Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel Crawley, West Sussex