The reception was cramped and busy when I arrived. Dinner was also being served in the dining area adjacent to the reception. So it felt to be claustrophobic and noisy. However the reception staff were friendly and relatively efficient (see below), and moved me to a different room from the disabled room reserved by Booking.com. The room was a long way from reception and through several fire doors, one of which required the room key card to open (entering but not exiting).
Car parking cost £10 per night, and the person on reception advised me that I could buy a ticket at a machine outside. However I could not get this machine to work so I asked the reception for assistance and they issued a ticket. So it would have been more convenient if they had done that when I checked in!!
On entering the room it was clean and a reasonable space for one person. There was tea and coffee. Somebody walking around upstairs made the floor creak, but this soon ceased. In the bathroom there was just liquid soap and no shampoo, etc. The room was facing the car park and north terminal, but I was not disturbed by traffic or aircraft.
In the morning, the breakfast was quick and efficient with a reasonable choice of food. The waitress explained what was available.
Check-out was quick and uneventful.
There is another Premier Inn right at the North Terminal which is in walking distance from the North terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated next to the Shell garage 5 minutes from the north terminal and a short monorail journey from the south terminal/train station. There is also a frequent bus service operating from both the South and North terminals at a cost of £3.00 per person running 24 hours a day. Enjoy your holiday 1 day early and check out our sleep, Park and fly options (book at least 24 hours before your stay). Please note our hotel is NOT situated right in front of the north terminal but as stated a short 5 minute walk from the airport, please do not confuse the two, as both are in very close proximity of each other. We look forward to welcoming you at Premier Inn A23 airport way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Crawley
- Premier Inn Crawley
- Crawley Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel Crawley, West Sussex