Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Toronto, Canada
“Good for purpose”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The reception was cramped and busy when I arrived. Dinner was also being served in the dining area adjacent to the reception. So it felt to be claustrophobic and noisy. However the reception staff were friendly and relatively efficient (see below), and moved me to a different room from the disabled room reserved by Booking.com. The room was a long way from reception and through several fire doors, one of which required the room key card to open (entering but not exiting).

Car parking cost £10 per night, and the person on reception advised me that I could buy a ticket at a machine outside. However I could not get this machine to work so I asked the reception for assistance and they issued a ticket. So it would have been more convenient if they had done that when I checked in!!

On entering the room it was clean and a reasonable space for one person. There was tea and coffee. Somebody walking around upstairs made the floor creak, but this soon ceased. In the bathroom there was just liquid soap and no shampoo, etc. The room was facing the car park and north terminal, but I was not disturbed by traffic or aircraft.

In the morning, the breakfast was quick and efficient with a reasonable choice of food. The waitress explained what was available.

Check-out was quick and uneventful.

There is another Premier Inn right at the North Terminal which is in walking distance from the North terminal.

Room Tip: On the ground floor, the floors creak when people are walking upstairs. So try not to get a room on...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.
I do apologise that you haven’t fully enjoyed your stay and that you have found certain parts of your stay not as expected.
We do appreciate your feedback and I have passed your comments to our Team to make sure that we improve our performance.
However I am happy that you have found our staff friendly and efficient.
I hope we can welcome you back in near future.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Greek first
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

An overall good stay, dinner was nice with several choices on the menu although none for vegans unless you eat soy. The room was respectable, but nothing special.
The reason I am giving this an average rating is because I booked a family room assuming it was with an interconnecting door for a separate room for a child to sleep in without being disturbed by parents. When I mentioned it to reception they did say that it is best to check with the hotel directly as not all Premier Inns have this type of room, and family rooms just meant larger to fit an extra single bed for a child.
Shame.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies that we didn’t meet you requirement for vegan food and inter connecting bedrooms.
Unfortunately our hotel doesn’t provide this type of room, however our sister hotel Gatwick North does provide this service.
If you wish to discuss this matter any further, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 602 702.
I hope that we can welcome you back sometime.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

It is a standard premier inn that is very close to the north terminal but equally serve the south terminal due to the train link. The bonus is that breakfast starts at 4am (continental) and 4.30am (ful English), which is great if you have an early flight. Nice staff who helped me pick a quiet room. Comfortable bed and clean room. Just what you need when you flight is very early. I would probably pick this premier inn over the one that is right next to the terminal as this one is set a bit back from the road so you aren't disturbed by road noise. In contrast the one by teh terminal is surrounded on all sides and I can imagine the road noise is louder.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am very pleased that you found our hotel so convenient for your travels.
I am especially delighted that you found our team friendly and helpful.
You feedback is most welcome and appreciated by everyone here.
We hope to welcome you back again.
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked a night at the Premier Inn before an early flight from Gatwick the next morning, and took advantage of the "Sleep, Park, Fly" deal which included parking at Gatwick's long-stay car park.

The deal was pretty good value in my opinion, and the hotel was good if not particularly exciting! We didn't hang around much or have any meals, but the staff we came in to contact with were very friendly and helpful (especially on arrival). The room itself was as expected and perfectly good enough. The only niggle was the pillow "selection" in the room - they all seemed to be identically hard!

The parking deal was a good solution - although even though I supplied our car details to the hotel on booking it seems that they did not pass these on to the car park at Gatwick, so on arrival the entry barrier did not recognise our car, and I had to sort it out manually on our return. It wasn't a big deal, but that could be a lot slicker - or at least explained in advance!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am most delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have found our Park & Fly package be great value for money.
I am especially pleased with you compliment about our Team and I will pass on your feedback.
I do apologise that the pillows in your room were too hard for you, however we do offer softer pillow, which is available.
I am sorry to hear that the car park at Gatwick hasn’t received your parking details and we will be looking at this problem closer.
Please note that your feedback is very important as it enable us to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you back to our Premier Inn again.
London
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Firstly, I would suggest Premier Inn finds a way (for their customers) to differentiate between the various Premier Inns at Gatwick - as a suggestion PI 1, PI 2,PI 3 etc - and puts signs in a very prominent position outside. Anyway, this one in Airport Way is quite close to North Terminal - walking distance less than 10 minutes if you have a modest amount of luggage. Some aspects of the hotel are looking a little tired, but there is no doubt that this is excellent value for money - a great offer for the prices charged. The staff deserve a special mention - all trained to an exceptional standard. This PI is certainly quieter than some rooms at the PI opposite North Terminal. The room/bathroom was of a high standard, dinner in the restaurant (part of the dinner/breakfast package) was very good and drinks very reasonably priced. Whitbread have been responsible for turning the budget end of the hotel market on its head with Premier Inn and I hope they continue to maintain this balance of quality and value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I am sorry to learn that you had some difficulties on your arrival and you found it confusing with our sister Hotel at the North terminal. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
However I am very pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us and that you found our meal deal package to be a great value for money.
We all here hope to welcome you back in the future.
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We spent one night at this hotel before our flight from Gatwick. Very good choice for that. Only thing that it was quite hard to find because there was another Premier Inn just outside North Terminal.
Breakfast was good and staff nice and helpful. Room was good and bed very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to learn that you experienced trouble in finding our hotel, please accept my sincere apologies.
Nevertheless, I am happy that you had a good stay with comfortable rooms and that our Team were helpful during your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Staff at this hotel were very pleasant & helpful. Rooms clean & bed very comfortable. Only blot on our stay was the people in the room above ours. We were woken at 4am by what can only be described as 'a herd of elephants' stampeding back & forth till 5.45am. I appreciate there are a lot of people leaving early, but consideration of other guests who are not, would be nice!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to learn that you did not have a great stay with us due to the problem with a noise. Please accept my sincere apologies. However, I am happy that you found our rooms to be very comfortable and our team pleasant and helpful.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.