My husband and I stayed at the Premier Inn – Longbridge Road, for 1 night on 16 April 2014 and it really did exceed my expectations. At only £45.00 room only it was a bargain considering we could walk straight from Gatwick's north terminal. There was no need for a courtesy bus (which I think there was a charge for).
Impressive location – just across the road from Gatwick north terminal. When you exit the terminal doors turn left and, staying on the footpaths, follow the road to the airport exit (before even exiting the airport you will see the Premier Inn Hotel through the fence on your left). There is another Premier Inn hotel within the airport – this will appear on your right hand side – you need to keep on walking. At the exit you almost think you are walking out onto a major roundabout but the footpath automatically bends around to the left. Follow it around the bend and once on the main footpath you will see a garage on the opposite side of the road. The road can be quite busy so be careful crossing the road. You will see the large Premier Inn hotel sign from here. Just to the left of the garage is a walkway that takes you straight through into the Premier Inn's car park. Simply walk through the carpark and straight into reception.
The outside of the hotel was impressive – large carpark and a seating area. Inside, however, felt a little manic. The reception desk is opposite the main doors and just to the right is the restaurant which was slap bang right infront of you. The noise was overwhelming at times but luckily it couldn't be heard once in the rooms. There isn't much floor space between the restaurant and reception area so if you have a couple of cases and people are back and forth to the restaurant or rooms it can be quite an obstacle course. The entrance door to take you to your room is just to the right of the main entrance. It leads to a narrow corridor (only one person & a case at a time!) which you need to follow. The lift to the upper floors is also in this direction. The lift is actually halfway down the corridor – you could easily miss it as it concealed by a glass door. I would say two people; two cases maximum in the lift at one time.
Our room was very spacious and clean. I was really impressed with it. There is air conditioning in the room that can be adjusted to suit; flat screen TV; tea/coffee making facilities; bathroom was clean and a good size. Our view from the window was the car park which was surprisingly quiet. There are signs all over the corridors to respect other guests and to be extra quiet after 10pm which I really appreciated. Had a great nights sleep at the Premier Inn.
If you don't want to eat at the hotel you can walk back to the north terminal and have a meal there. There is one bar that serves really nice food (situated to the left of “Joe's Kitchen”). If you are looking for snacks or drinks then there is always the garage right beside the hotel.
Now I have found this gem I honestly will not look at any other hotel for Gatwick stopovers (unless the price dramatically increases). You just cannot beat this hotel for value for money and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated next to the Shell garage 5 minutes from the north terminal and a short monorail journey from the south terminal/train station. There is also a frequent bus service operating from both the South and North terminals at a cost of £3.00 per person running 24 hours a day. Enjoy your holiday 1 day early and check out our sleep, Park and fly options (book at least 24 hours before your stay). Please note our hotel is NOT situated right in front of the north terminal but as stated a short 5 minute walk from the airport, please do not confuse the two, as both are in very close proximity of each other. We look forward to welcoming you at Premier Inn A23 airport way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Crawley
- Premier Inn Crawley
- Crawley Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel Crawley, West Sussex