Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Airport Oasis”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived at about 11pm, exhausted after a long flight and an abortive visit to the wrong Premier Inn. We were welcomed warmly, shown to the bar (much needed and still open) and soon afterwards we were able to collapse in our comfortable room, which was suitably air-conditioned. We did not get up early, but breakfast was still fresh, everything was available, and the staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, an excellent and reviving experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.
I am very pleased that our Team has welcomed you warmly and that you experienced excellent service.
I am also very happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable, and that you enjoyed staying with us.
Your feedback is a great compliment to our Team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Greek first
Kent
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have already raised my issues with the management over the stay we had on the night of my birthday, so this review will not come as a surprise. We checked in around 8pm as were flying out the next day, offered the dinner & breakfast deal which we accepted, attempted to get a table, but decided with the queue, that we would dump the bags first. Got to the rooms, had to request an extra set of towels for each room as both rooms only had one set, even though I had booked in 4 people.

Then to attempt dinner again, we were seated after quite a wait, then told someone else was looking after the table. When the waiter arrived, one of our party wasn't ready, so we told they would be back, we didn't see him again, and were then told someone else would be over to take the order, this went on for each course, we had to chase our drinks, the main course, cutlery and even the puddings! The restaurant seemed to be in total chaos, which surprised me as they must surely have a rough idea of how many guests are booked into the hotel, granted some guests will go elsewhere, but I felt there just weren't enough experienced staff to deal with the number of customers. That said, all my issues were dealt with there and then, and all the staff were very polite and apologetic. The food was ok.

So to bed, very uncomfortable for my partner, again, I have been speaking to the management who assure me the new range of beds are being rolled out, but the Gatwick one is not due to get them for some time, but in the mean time mattress toppers are being provided to help soften the current ones.

Sadly I wanted a nice stress free, relaxing start to my birthday holiday, but it wasn't to be.

Breakfast was a different story however, staff couldn't do enough for you, admittedly there were only a few of us eating that early, but the difference was much appreciated, choice of food was great, I ordered the porridge was promptly bought to the table, again the staff all very polite and helpful.

I have scored this low because of the issues we had, I am actually quite sad this all happened, because I am a big Premier Inn fan, and this is the first time in many stays, that I have had several causes to complain. The management responded quickly to my issues, which was also appreciated, but based on this experience alone, not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We (myself, my husband and our two children, aged six and eight) were forced to stay at Gatwick when a mix up in our flight booking required us to fly out on Sunday evening, rather than Saturday morning, on our family holiday this May half term. We booked the Premier Inn online at the airport at around 10am on the Saturday morning primarily because of its proximity to the airport and the cheap shuttle bus to and from the airport terminal. We arrived there around midday and, despite the check-in time being 2pm, the very friendly and helpful reception staff, with the help of the very accommodating housekeeping staff, we able to provide us with a family room immediately. They also welcomed our two disappointed boys with colouring to keep them amused. The room was spotless and well equipped. We booked dinner in the restaurant for the evening but in the end, decided to eat in the bar as they started serving dinner at 5pm. We decided to take advantage of the combined dinner and breakfast deal, which was very good value for money. The meal on the Saturday evening was very good quality, tempura prawn starter, rump steak requested rare cooked perfectly. Service very efficient and quick. After a comfortable and undisturbed night's sleep, we enjoyed a very good breakfast, with plenty of choice and all elements replenished promptly. The staff were also kind enough to allow us to keep our room until 2pm, which was very helpful to reduce the amount of time we had to spend in the terminal. There were posters in the hotel advertising a stay and park facility which incorporated a night's stay and a week's parking which looked very good value and which we may well consider next time we fly from Gatwick. Thanks Premier Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen M
You feedback is a huge compliment to our Hotel and also to our Team.
I am delighted that you could enjoy every part of your stay and you would be happy coming back to us.
We all here look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed prior to an early flight on next day. Staff very good - friendly and helpful. Food was good but important to book dinner in advance. Room clean and comfortable. Security good. Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed staying with us and that you found our Team to be friendly and helpful.
I am also pleased that our rooms fulfilled your expectations and we all look forward to seeing you here again.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This has to be the best premier inn I have stayed at. The staff and whole experience was fantastic...great way to kick off your holiday. Great location for either north or South terminal. Also nice tables to sit and eat and drink outside

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am ecstatic to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations.
Your feedback is a compliment to the hard work of our Team and we all hope to welcome you here again soon.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

PI is a budget hotel that offers great deals e.g. Sleep, park and fly, and meal deals. Staff offer a friendly & courteous service. My wife swears by the comfortable bed and pillows and we always have a good sleep before we embark on our journey.
Highly recommended for travellers before they fly off the next day.
If wifi facilities are free throughout hotel chain, that would be a bonus!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am happy to learn that you found both our Sleep Park & Fly package and our Meal Deal to be great offers and also our beds to be comfortable.
I am also happy to hear that our Team was courteous and friendly during your stay.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for one night before flying. Used this hotel as part of a park and stay deal. All worked very well – parked at hotel for the night and then drove round to long term car park in the morning. Made the whole thing very easy.

Room was good size, clean and the triple glazing meant no noise from the planes.

Dinner perfectly adequate bearing in mind you don’t use this hotel for a gastronomic experience! Breakfast all self-service so quick and easy.

Overall good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to learn that you haven’t had a good experience in our restaurant. Please accept my apologies and please contact me if you wish to discuss this matter any further on tel. 01293 602 702 or email: operationsmanager.londongatwickairporta23airportway@whitbread.com
However, I am happy that you found our rooms to be a good size, clean and that you had a great night’s sleep.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.