Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Extremely friendly and helpful Reception staff. Very clean hotel and lovely room and a very peaceful sleep too to say the hotel was so close to the airport. I will defintely stay again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed staying with us, and that you found our Team to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
I am also pleased that our rooms fulfilled your expectations and you had a peaceful sleep.
We all look forward to welcoming you here again.
Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (3,629)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent night stay with breakfast to match. Family room (2adults & 2children) was spacious and catered for all. The parking option for summer special is only suitable for those travelling from the north terminal as courtesy coach does not go to the south terminal. As we travelled from the south terminal, I dropped my family of at departures first so a little bit of a disjointed start. Hotel is great and ideal for a relaxing stay pre flight. I would go for an alternative premiere inn if I was to travelling from the south terminal in future or use a meet and greet option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to learn that our parking option for the Summer special car park, was not suitable for your travels. Please note, that Gatwick airport provides free shuttle bus to South terminal, which is available at all times.
However, I am happy to hear that your stay with us was excellent and that you enjoyed our breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for one night before heading off to sunny Spain. We cannot complain about our stay here. We had a quick check in before arriving at our room. Lovely spacious room with big comfy bed. Both room and bathroom clean and tidy with drink making facilities. We opted to have a drink before we retired to bed, so we went to the bar and enjoyed our time, quick service with comfortable seating area. Also the taxi service from the hotel to the airport very quick and efficient and being able to get through to the taxi office from the reception phone. Great hotel before starting your holiday!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very pleased that your stay with us was a great start for your holiday.
I am also glad that you found our rooms clean and beds to be comfortable.
We all here look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this through the gatwick parking website, with our 2 week parking in long stay south terminal car park. On our forms it said we needed to park at hotel on night of holiday. Upon arriving we checked in but there were parking machines in car park saying £10 for 24 hrs. I told the receptionist that I had paid for 2 weeks parking and hotel so this shouldn't apply to me as at no time during booking did it mention the extra parking charge nor did it say anywhere on all the booking pages I had printed out and taken with me, so wasn't a great start. We were on the 3rd floor which was quite hard to get to the room with luggage as there are a few doors to open. But the room was pleasant and clean with extra pillows and had 2 windows for sound proofing, bathroom was average shower was in bath but no slip matt and was very slippery. Didnt have any noise so a good nights sleep. The restaurant downstairs was very busy so I recommend booking as it is small. But the food was amazing we had breadsticks and dips for starters... partner had risotto and I had steak it was all very nice and price was ok too. If I stay here again I would buy the dinner and breakfast package as you save quite a lot. I preferred my stay here to the one at hilton last year..... except for the PARKING CHARGE !!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank James M

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some trouble with our parking facilities, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that we do charge over night parking (exclude Park & Fly packages purchased on www.premierinn.com).
Nevertheless, I am happy to learn that you found our rooms to be pleasant and clean and you were able to enjoy your stay and had a nice time in our restaurant.
We all here look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

A Premier Inn is a Premier Inn. Just go and it will be fine. That is all I can say. Good kip guarantee which gives you peace of mind. Restaurant competent basically bar grub and decent quality for a one nighter.
Tip to find it- On arrival by train get shuttle from South terminal where gatwick express drops you off to North Terminal. Once you come off, go out of main building and turn left. Ignore signs as they are misleading. Once you turn left, follow path round till you come to a very large roundabout, keep following the road round to the left and you will see a Shell garage. You will see the Premier Inn behind it. 10 min walk at very most. Fine and easy to get to terminal in the morning especially if like me you have an early flight. Absolutely no need for shuttle bus or taxi unless you are bone idle. Excellent rates for just a few minutes walk compared to those that are an arms length from the front door which you can double the price for the privilege.

Room Tip: Any will do. It does what it says on the tin. Ideal and very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Racharooney

I am happy to learn that our Hotel is in a convenient location for your travels and that we fulfilled your expectations for Premier Inn.
I am also pleased that you found our rates to be good value for money and we all look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here before flying to Mexico the next day. We arrived into the North Terminal and it was dark. We walked here from the terminal and it took 15 minutes, as we had 90kg of luggage and as other people have commented, the paths are very narrow. My advice would be if you have a lot of luggage take a taxi, even though it's a short distance, purely because of the narrow paths.
When we eventually arrived we found the staff to be welcoming and friendly. We were in a room on the 3rd floor. Again, this was a pain with lots of luggage as it was quite a walk to the lift and awkward to keep opening corridor doors. Next time if we have a lot of luggage, I will request a room lower down!
The room itself was very clean and comfortable and the price very reasonable. We both had a good nights sleep, and it's worth noting my fiancé is a very light sleeper! We will definitely stay here again if the need arises.
In the morning we took the bus that stops outside the entrance of the hotel to the South Terminal. Quick and easy and only £3 per person. Try and have the correct change for this as it helps the driver!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased that you enjoyed staying in our Hotel and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable for a great nights sleep.
I am sorry to learn that you found it difficult to get to our hotel and then on to the room, please accept my sincere apologies and please do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay, as we are more than happy to take any special request for you, if possible.
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

great price, good room, clean, fresh, perfect for our over night stay before an early flight the next day. we had extra tea bags and milk provided on request. free wifi, easy walking distance with cases to airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed staying with us and that our Hotel is perfect for your overnight stay when flying from Gatwick.
I am also happy that you found our Hotel to be in convenient location.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.