“Second stay - impressed”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Second stay - impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My second time staying here and I was impressed with the improvements made since the last time.

Sleep quality was good, room was clean.

Check in was fast, hotel was cheap.

Breakfast was very good (buffet £10).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and that you found a few improvements since your last stay.
I am glad that you found ours rooms clean and good value for money and that you enjoyed a good nights sleep during your stay.
We all here look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Greek first
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Very impressed. Had stayed at premier inn at North Terminal before and nowhere near as friendly and cosy as this one.
All staff superb, helpful and jolly. They were clearly busy at dinner, but always smiling and seemingly unflappable.
Dinner was very good, given that the kitchen would have been mass catering. Room comfy and clean. Would highly recommend

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
I am ecstatic to learn that you found our Team to be friendly and helpful during your stay and that you found our Hotel cosy.
I am also pleased that you enjoyed dinner in our Thyme restaurant and we all here look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on 2 separate nights, 1 prior to flying out and 1 on my return. The bedrooms are standard for Premier Inn - well you know what you will get - and perfectly acceptable. However the public facilities are total inadequate. The reception, restaurant and bar and not up to the required standard. There were long queues at all of the above, especially the bar which has virtually no seating as it is all taken up by people eating.
It should be pointed out that the staff try very hard with the restrictive facilities they have to operate in.
But the number of bedrooms has far exceeded the other facilities. This makes the experience of eating and drinking in the evening an unpleasant experience. The only respite is to retreat to your bedroom.
The 2 stars that I have awarded are purely in recognition of the efforts of the staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Hemel Hempstead
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself and the staff are fine. Extremely helpful and, for what you pay, it is very good value. The room was basic but very clean and that is all you should want or need for an overnight stay. My issue is with the parking offer.
Firstly, you drive about two miles down the road and then park your car. You are given a receipt and you wait for a shuttle bus to take you back to the North Terminal. NOTE, not back to the hotel, once you get to the terminal, you must wait for another shuttle bus or you can walk to the premier inn. I would not recommend anyone with young children or push-chairs does the walk as the roads you must cross are very busy with no crossings.
In the morning you get a shuttle bus back to the north terminal and this bus goes via other hotels and the South terminal. When it does arrive at the North terminal, it is further away from the terminal entrance than the actual hotel???

There is another premier inn right next to the terminal entrance where the shuttle bus stops and I would use that one in future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Matthew D
I am sorry to hear that our Park and Fly package did not fulfil your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
However, I am happy that your stay with us was fine and that our Team was extremely helpful.
We all here hope that this experience did not deter you from staying with us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.
Swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here in a family room the night before a flight. The hotel is easy to find just opposite Gatwick North Terminal.

The hotel is very similar to every other Premier Inn. We had a family room in the quiet zone which was very quiet and we couldn't even hear the aeroplanes. The room was clean and smart.

The restaurant was very pricy for dinner so we drove 10 minutes to a hungry horse pub. We ate breakfast in the hotel though as the kids breakfasts were free when buying adult breakfast buffets, good selection of food with Costa Coffee as well as tea and fruit juices.
It was very good value for money with the sleep + fly option being cheaper than paying separate for the car park. Plus parking at the hotel is complimentary if you are doing sleep+ fly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I am glad to learn that our hotel is in convenient locations for your travels and that you found our Park and Fly package to be good value for money.
I am also very pleased to hear that our rooms fulfilled your expectations and we all here look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Oxford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel was what I expected visually. Basic but clean. Did not expect after the Lenny Henry campaign to have my "guaranteed" goodnight sleep interrupted by a herd of elephants above my room. Noise persisted all night and after several calls to reception the matter was unresolved and we checked out more exhausted than when we checked in. Pointless booking a hotel for an early flight. Might as well drove in the early hours.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl H
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Charlton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked the premier in for 10 aug booked in on line where I was asked if I wanted to book the restaurant I booked the restaurant for 7/30 in the evening when I checked in thay found my check in on line but not my restaurant booking they have been having trouble booking people in on line for the restaurant for weeks apparently but that's no good to me when I'm then offered 9 with 2 children I then had to go to the north terminal for something to eat if I had wanted to changed anything on my booking then they would have cancelled my booking quick enough as I had booked a no change booking if you can't get booking the restaurant right stop offering it I've had my rant the hotel is handy for a early morning flight enough said

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank johnnyholiday
I am sorry to learn about your recent experience with us, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
However, I hope that our rooms fulfilled your expectations and I am glad that our Hotel is in convenient location for your travels.
We all here hope that this experience did not deter you form staying with us again and look forward to seeing you again in the future.