“DOWN TO EARTH DECENT FOOD”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #37 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located before security the Beehive provides a friendly and welcoming environment for all types of passenger as well as a wide selection of food and drink. We serve a range of traditional ales, craft beers, premium draught lagers, wines and spirits. Our menu includes pub classics, world flavours, burgers, sandwiches as well as our healthy and vegetarian options.
London
“DOWN TO EARTH DECENT FOOD”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have used this pub / restaurant several times. Our visits have either been just after checking in or when we have stayed overnight at an airport hotel (why pay £15 for their hotel burger).

The food is good and reasonably priced. As for the service; how do they serve the food so quick ?

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TerrythePotter

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great Airport Food!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We ate at Wethersooons The Beehive after doing twilight check in at Gatwick's south terminal. Despite arriving late after problems with our tickets, they were still serving food at 9pm when we got there and it was very busy.

We managed to find a couple of tables to seat our family of seven down a little gangway slightly off of the main restaurant near the staff room. We had a great view of the planes coming in to land which the kids loved.

Slight wait for the food, but it was well worth the wait. We had

A double cheese burger,
2 double chicken burgers,
an all day breakfast,
chorizo pasta
and a salad.

Our 2 year old daughter had one of the chicken breasts from my burger and some of our fries which was plenty for her and I didn't miss it from my burger as it was so big!

For the 6 meals plus drinks, the bill came to £65.

Great value for money. Presentation and food was great and staff were friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to go back :)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Aimie1704
Newquay
“always head for here”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Whenever we use Gatwick airport we head for the Beehive for breakfast. The quality of food is excellent, the service is always fast, efficient and very friendly. A really enjoyable eggs benedict and even the bacon butties are great. a good place to spend a hour before a flight or a train, especially at breakfast time

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank littlechef2012
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good cooked restaurant but please don't interrupt me to check if all is in order”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had a couple of hours to spare before catching my train home and thought I could kill some time here where I have visited before.

I placed my order of a tea and cooked breakfast at the bar and upon my return to my seat, the tea had already arrived! The breakfast arrived shortly after and was hot and well cooked. The place was quiet and there was no urgency placed upon me to leave.

If I have one slight complaint with this place and Wetherspoons in general, it is why do they always seem to come to my table and ask if everything is alright, immediately after I have taken a mouthful of food. As The Restaurant Inspector said in the tv series, don't trouble the customer when they are eating, they will soon let you know if they have a complaint.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank binonatrip
hertfordshire
“Good as usual”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We always eat here the night before a morning flight out of Gatwick as we always stay at a hotel nearby & find it cheaper to eat here than at the hotel.
Food & service as always was efficient, friendly staff and decent hot food. My other half had a burger meal & I had a hot dog meal. All very nice.
We will eat here again on our next overnight stay at Gatwick.

• Visited October 2013