“Closest to North Terminal”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Monaco
“Closest to North Terminal”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I flew into Luton from Europe and hired a car and drove to Gatwick north terminal and stayed one night so I was available early the next morning for my BA flight to Antigua.
It was so simple. The hire car drop off was in the multi story car park in front of the hotel, so I pulled up outside the hotel, checked in ( with a real person) I refuse to use the machines, I then put my bags in the room and quickly went back to the car. Beware you are allowed to leave your car for a few moments directly outside the hotel buy NOT in the drop off bay on the far side of the street as the police will tow you away. I drove the car to the drop off handed them my keys, walked the few steps back to the hotel and went to my clean comfy room. The food in the resturant was very very nice, more like a good local pub grub than a airport hotel. The next morning woke, had a good breakfast served by nice frendly staff and walked the few paces to the BA check in desk. I will always stay here if flying from this terminal as it was so simple, and safe for a woman traveling on her own.

Room Tip: it's a bit strange having to go up in the lift to find reception, then up in the left again to g...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank purserMonaco
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found all aspects the stay park and fly package we offer so simple. Making this easy for your holiday is what we aim to do to ensure this starts your holiday off well.

I am very pleased your meal in the restaurant was very nice and you found our hotel very safe.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Kind Regards,

Quin Holtzhuizen,
Operation’s Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This Premier Inn is 60 seconds walk from the North Terminal in Gatwick, a perfect location. It is a large hotel, which is probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, it is absolutely spotless in every way, and you can visibly see cleaning taking place in front of you throughout the hotel during the day. Exceptionally impressive.

I booked initially for one night on the saver rate, decided to stay for two, so booked a second reservation later, again on the saver rate. £29 for the Friday and £53 for the Saturday in a double room, which was excellent value I thought. This, however, caused me some problems over the weekend. Their computer system, for whatever reason, couldnt just combine the two reservations into one so I could check in for two nights at one time. I had to return to the desk saturday morning, the girl then told me she would check me back into my room, took my key, and told me to come collect it when I returned later that night. Fast forward to 1AM, the guy behind the desk knows nothing about it, and turns out I was not checked in at all. Took about 20 minutes to get it sorted. I thought it was unnecessarily complicated. However, I have to say, the staff in the Premier Inn are very very polite, and clearly there is an emphasis on this within the hotel.

My room was just fine, very modern TV with stacks of channels, excellent modern bathroom, and a nice smell of new carpet also. Premier are masters of the simply designed, no frills, excellent quality hotel room in my opinion.

The hotel has loads of amenities, including a very nice bar, a Thyme Restaurant which serves very good, well priced food, and also a Costa Coffee.

One final issue when leaving was with the internet. I wanted to use one of their internet access computers before I left for ten minutes to check emails. The screen said "20 minutes, £1". I went to the desk to get a ticket. Turns out that I couldnt have the rate they were advertising as "the system was changing, and the girl thought it had already been changed". She wanted me to pay £3 for a days wifi instead. I refused. I think she should have honoured the rate advertised rather than giving me a "computer says no" type of answer.

However, overall this is a very fine hotel, incredibly high hygeine standards, and well located and keenly priced. I will be bearing it in mind for future London trips.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ad2009
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I would firstly like to apologise for the time response on posting a reply to your review. We have only just found that a few replies we have posted were rejected from the system and have only just been informed. We are going through every rejected review from beginning to end. Even though your stay with us w a couple of years ago I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad you found our hotel location convenient for your travels as well as being spotlessly clean. I am happy you thought our hotel was excellent value for money as we do advise our guests to book in advance for the best rates. I would like to apologise for the confusion of your request and apologises if it caused any inconvenience during your stay. I am pleased the staff were very polite in solving the problem. I am delighted you thought our rooms were modern, fresh smelling along with plenty of facilities. I am glad you enjoyed the food in our Thyme restaurant. However I would also like to apologise for the internet charged you were face and you are right the reception team member should of giving you the rate that was advertised. I would sincerely like to apologise for this.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Had booked into the Premier Inn Gatwick Nth not realising that there were two. We arrived at this hotel to find out we were actually booked into the other one.My partner and i had just come off a plane from India at Heathrow and had then travelled to Gatwick. The young lady that we dealt with (Fifi) was brilliant she contacted the other hotel and got us moved to this hotel.
Its a new hotel and is spotlessly clean couldn't find fault and all the staff were very friendly.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judith M
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased you found our hotel to be clean and that you couldn't fault the team here. I have passed on your kind comments to Fifi who has found it a real source of moral.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Many Thanks

Quin Holtzhuizen,
Operations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel? Share your experiences!